• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I bought a 70 Super Bee...

70ChargeDodger

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Short story, was driving in my 68 Charger w/ my family and my wife says "we just passed a car with nostrils, the kind you like". I back up thinking it's probably nothing and... it's a Yellow 383 70 Super Bee sitting unprotected and neglected in a driveway. It seems the neighbours tore down and built a house 2 feet away and the car suffered many scratches and a few dings.

For the next 2-3 months I leave notes and knock on the door, I am told the previous owner had passed away approx. 10 years ago and left the car to his daughters.

Cut to the chase, I gave them a fair price and bought it last Sat. got it running, driving and stopping. This week will be new tires, lines, brakes, shocks, motor mounts, etc.

Looks like it was originally green (I like the yellow), vinyl top, bucket seat/console car, missing fender tag (fingers crossed it turns up) Complete, mostly rust free and solid. It's my first big block and a blast to drive.

IMG_6192.jpg
IMG_6198.jpg

Cool story ! I like the yellow and great year!

Great looking Bee.
Nice to see the women of Mopar lovers contributing, your wife who noticed it and the daughters that sold it to you.
The late owner is smiling down.:)

Moment of silence for my former Top banana 70 Bee.

(snif)

Wanna sell it?

Where can I find a woman like that? My Ex would've pointed to something on the other side of the street, hoping I wouldn't notice!

This is the part that I like best.....

"......and my wife says "we just passed a car with nostrils, the kind you like."

Yeah.....Life sure is better when you have a great, supportive woman by your side.

Man... - I should be so lucky....:praying:

Now get the back seat out and (hopefully) find that broadcast sheet! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back