• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I bought a 70 Super Bee...

View attachment 1198318 View attachment 1198319 View attachment 1198320 View attachment 1198321 View attachment 1198323
It nice to read about so many other “Nostril Lovers” or should i say “Nostril Pickers”, cause Im one too. I must say I’m truly surprised because when i first joined and made inquiries, my car didnt get love due to the Nostrils and i was told i was a fool for putting more money to restore it.
The money is spent and i get it back on Nov. 29th. I changed to 15” color match steel wheels and redline centercaps. Added a date correct six-pack to tge stock 440 and had it bored and stroked .55 over. Then I freshened up the 4-speed and the Dana rearend, placed front drums with date coded factory disc and restored front/rear suspension. Only need spring to drop the top and cruise
Not sure why it didn't get love - it's a great car!

View attachment 1198318 View attachment 1198319 View attachment 1198320 View attachment 1198321 View attachment 1198323
It nice to read about so many other “Nostril Lovers” or should i say “Nostril Pickers”, cause Im one too. I must say I’m truly surprised because when i first joined and made inquiries, my car didnt get love due to the Nostrils and i was told i was a fool for putting more money to restore it.
The money is spent and i get it back on Nov. 29th. I changed to 15” color match steel wheels and redline centercaps. Added a date correct six-pack to tge stock 440 and had it bored and stroked .55 over. Then I freshened up the 4-speed and the Dana rearend, placed front drums with date coded factory disc and restored front/rear suspension. Only need spring to drop the top and cruise

Great looking car, congrats.
I am driving mine and getting the bugs out, a little further every day.
New rubber yesterday, shout out to Canadian Tire.
IMG_6450.jpg

Nice. Did it come with those wheels? They look like the Volare/Aspen kit car wheels.

Also was it a factory air car? unusual to see fully tinted windows otherwise.

Nice. Did it come with those wheels? They look like the Volare/Aspen kit car wheels.

Also was it a factory air car? unusual to see fully tinted windows otherwise.

Thanks, yes came w/ the wheels, I have the thin chrome trim rings too.
Here's a photo of the info inside the wheel, any help identifying is appreciated.

IMG_6436.jpg

No air cond. but the glass seems to be original. Don't know much about the car as there is no fender tag.

Yep, 1978 date code 15X8 wheels will be the kit car wheels. Hard to see in the pictures but there should be no nubs to hold a hub cap on. Those are pretty rare.

This is the part that I like best.....

"......and my wife says "we just passed a car with nostrils, the kind you like."

Yeah.....Life sure is better when you have a great, supportive woman by your side.
I guess I am real lucky...my wife is my main helper and gopher when working on cars...even helps changing tires on all the vehicles twice a year...

Not sure why it didn't get love - it's a great car!

To sum it up, probably 9 to 1, I was told that the front end was the ugliest in Mopar history. Maybe if mine was a Superbee instead of a R/T it might not been so one sided. But all those cars share the same front end. The second reason that was given was that even though the 1970’s had the lowest production numbers of any Mopars in 1970, the rarity doesn't equal to higher value. So any money I spent to restore the car was a waste cause the car would not retrieve a higher selling price. Only benefit would be in my use of the car.
Yes, a owner should do what they want to make the car theirs and enjoyable but no one wants to hear that they will never be able to recover their investment some day.
After consideration, I did it anyways cause I love the car and it has great meaning to me. And its super sexy.

Last edited:
Stories like this piss me off..:lol: There isn't **** around here.

Head north near Rome, floyd GA, back in the day 20 plus years ago there were many old Chryslers in that area sitting around.

Last edited:
My wife did the same thing! She said that she saw Charger and I needed to go back and check it out! It turned out to be a 69 Charger R/T SE sunroof car in triple black! It was not for sale. It would have been cool to have two of them!

What do you think this Bee was worth in '95?

I sold my Bee in 1994 for $1500.

Factory Top Banana, black bench interior, auto on the column, AC, 355 SG car.
It included a new 2 piece trunk floor (not installed) and a 99% quarter panel and dutchman from a part car.
It had a 1977 400-2 installed and ran really well.

I paid $1500 in 1988 for it but have no idea what I "had in it".

70 Coronets look totally different between a light green 4 door with F 70-14 rear tires and a flat hood, and

HIP paint and sport hood with at least 9" wide preferably 10-12" on 15" rear wheels and a little rake.

TOTALLY.

My wife did the same thing! She said that she saw Charger and I needed to go back and check it out! It turned out to be a 69 Charger R/T SE sunroof car in triple black! It was not for sale. It would have been cool to have two of them!

I have a 68 and a 70 Charger and I can't decide which I like better, they are so different. The 68 is a survivor and the 70 was a parts car. I like driving the 70 and I am less afraid of it getting damaged. The 68 is cool because it hasn't been apart or messed with and lines are so crisp.

70 Coronets look totally different between a light green 4 door with F 70-14 rear tires and a flat hood, and

HIP paint and sport hood with at least 9" wide preferably 10-12" on 15" rear wheels and a little rake.

TOTALLY.

I have to admit I find the 70 Coronet station wagon super cool and my son has a 66 Coronet 4 dr sedan which looks great as a 4 door in my opinion.

I just watched a couple movies set in NYC in 1970-1971. I never realized that back in the day, the 1970 Coronet 4-door was used heavily as a New York City taxi cab. So I popped in Clint Eastwood and saw the same 1970 Coronet 4-doors in yellow and dark green as San Francisco taxis and Black ones as undercover Cop cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back