• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I went to look at this old AMC today

At one time, between my dad and I, we had 6 Marlins. After his passing I am down to 2. Check out the “AMCforum.com” as they have been a ton of help in fixing/restoring mine. Also on some of the Marlin groups are people who have used parts available. 4 speeds are rare. Picture of 1 of my Marlins and my son’s ‘67 Charger.

16F7C6F9-E446-4BAB-B627-1C4295873F2E.jpeg

Rare find indeed! But I have seen them out there.....I know of two others....

About 5-6 years ago at the Sunbust Show in Graham, WA, a guy had one of those Marlins on a trailer with a "For Sale" sign on it. It did have the 327 4-speed still in the car, looked pretty complete except for a couple of trim pieces, all glass good, straight body panels, but you could tell it'd been sitting for quite some time. He was asking $10K for it.....

When I was leaving the show, I seen that trailer was empty......

When I was back in Kansas, I seen another one at a local car show at the state fairgrounds in Hutchinson, KS. Nice lookin cars when all done and fixed up.
Great info. Some more things developed today. I found some NOS Marlin parts & the guy said he wanted to sell. So I’ll likely get those. Also got leads on some used Marlin parts. Things are looking promising.

At one time, between my dad and I, we had 6 Marlins. After his passing I am down to 2. Check out the “AMCforum.com” as they have been a ton of help in fixing/restoring mine. Also on some of the Marlin groups are people who have used parts available. 4 speeds are rare. Picture of 1 of my Marlins and my son’s ‘67 Charger.

View attachment 1305992
That’s an awesome picture. Thank you for sharing that.

Like I mentioned before, there might not have been 2nd generations until there was a first. They also posted a new top speed in NASCAR I believe.
66 Charger Advert. #2 426ci Street Hemi Engine option.jpg

Cotton Owens, Mario driving IIRC
66 Charger Nascar #5 Cotton Owens Daytona 500 1966.jpg

K&K Insurance Special
66 Charger Nascar #71 K&K Insurance Special.jpg

Bobby Allison Riverside IIRC
66 Charger Nascar #22 Bobby Allison.jpg

David Pearson Southern 500 winner
66 Charger Nascar #66 David Pearson Southern 500 Atlanta International -some babes-.jpg

even Elvis in 'Speedway'
66 Charger Nascar #6 Elvis Movie Speedway #1.jpg

I'm Not a huge fan of the Marlins myself, but make a cool project
'to the right person'
with some sort of 'emotional attachment' to them

bastard redheaded older stepbrother :poke: of Ma' MoPar Fastback stylings

them & 64-1/2, 65 Mustang FB/2+2 Sportroof

Hell even the Valiant/64 Barracuda fastback 'were actually 1st' Fastbacks
Plymouth beat Ford by a couple of months to the market
didn't sell anywhere near as many thou

Sold a 1979 V8 a few months ago, $3400, bucket seats, PW console, loaded. Should have put it on Ebay.

20211026_162552C.jpg

Always wanted a Marlin. Had my eye on one back on the 80's, but it got away ! Did get a '66 and '67 Charger. '68 to '70 Charger, no thank you, every swinging dick had one. The '67 to '69 Camaro of the Mopar world. Thank God for Dukes show or we would have a thousand more of them at every Mopar get together !! Ha ha ha ha.....

Call mopar city in Illinois I thought I saw some in the yard or he knows just about everyone for these things. Larry is the man

Always wanted a Marlin. Had my eye on one back on the 80's, but it got away ! Did get a '66 and '67 Charger. '68 to '70 Charger, no thank you, every swinging dick had one. The '67 to '69 Camaro of the Mopar world. Thank God for Dukes show or we would have a thousand more of them at every Mopar get together !! Ha ha ha ha.....
Jealousy is a terrible emotion, I suggest you seek counseling immediately for your second generation Charger envy!

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 8.24.08 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 5.39.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 2.55.39 PM.png

apologies to AMC fans, but the Marlin is a fright pig. The Henry J of its era. Like the Henry, it would make a cool altered wheelbase, straight axle gasser, but only because it's campy.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Norseman picture. I always liked the Marlin, and now I am a 66 Charger owner, before that I had a series of fastback Barracudas. I think you might sense a trend.

I kinda like the looks of the Marlin, my buddy had one for a long time. I also don’t mind the 66/67 Charger, and I’ve seen some nice resto mods that really take them to the next level. On the contrary, I’m not a fan of the 68-70 Charger, I just never liked them.
Everyone has their own likes/dislikes and opinions. Mine happens to be that the 68-70 Charger was the most beautiful car ever produced.
The end.

Once a car has a reputation as ugly it's very hard to shake. I can't think of any ugly cars that became nice-looking. They can become kind of cool like the Gremlin but never nice-looking.

They can become worth more like an early VW Beetle but never nice-looking.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. The Norseman appeared long before the Marlin. Those 327 Ramblers had spunk. Saw a 1964 Rambler Classic 660 327 kick the hell out of a 62 (I think) Impala 409 convertible in a street quarter mile . Impala guy a braggart after losing in the first round wanted 2 out of 3. Second round was worse. So the Impala guy gave up 12 beer.
THIS POST WAS INTENDED FOR ELDUBB440’s post!

I have to disagree. The Norseman appeared long before the Marlin. Those 327 Ramblers had spunk. Saw a 1964 Rambler Classic 660 327 kick the hell out of a 62 (I think) Impala 409 convertible in a street quarter mile . Impala guy a braggart after losing in the first round wanted 2 out of 3. Second round was worse. So the Impala guy gave up 12 beer.
THIS POST WAS INTENDED FOR ELDUBB440’s post!

lmao..... I must have been in a mood that day

Auto Transport Service
Back