• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, what is the going price window for a used 69 Road Runner?

The more I look at it, the worse it gets. Look at the one photo with the drivers door open, showing the interior. To the far right you can see where the paint is peeling off inside the door jamb, showing the red underneath. That, coupled with the peeling by the tail lights indicates little, if any proper prep. I bet you could blow virtually all of the white paint off with the pressure washer at the car wash.

Come on man. That's a 25,000$ car... Gosh the price hike the last year... I'll never get a Roadrunner continuing like that. :(

That must make my 69 survivor Road Runner worth about 90 large. Woo hoo!

giphy.gif

Come on man. That's a 25,000$ car... Gosh the price hike the last year... I'll never get a Roadrunner continuing like that. :(
I must really be out of touch on prices. I wouldn't give anything close to 25K for that pile.

Wife said you bought WHAT ????
Sell it now,

No way in hades is that turd worth even close to that

Get it for $15k, fix everything that is wrong with it, and you'll still be upside down on it.

bang.gif

not mine, not endorsing it, but probably a much better car in the grand scheme......I bet 11-12K takes it home. maybe 10 on the right day

@fratzog lover ........ your old neighborhood, look familiar?

REAL1968 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER BEEP BEEEP - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

REAL1968 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER BEEP BEEEP - $15,500 (MAPLE SHADE N.J.)
00707_SX3HqzQCAqz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
00a0a_gWO3hcwk3Lrz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
00E0E_4bQ2Cv7sNiRz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
00E0E_1W4HESBR7FIz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

01414_jZeH81xMiSYz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

1968 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER

VIN: ROADRUNNERVIN
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 100000
paint color: green
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan

I HAVE FOR SALE A MOSTLY RUST FREE 1968 VERY RARE, FIRST YEAR 1968 REAL PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER ROADRUNNER. THIS CAR IS READY FOR A TOTAL RESTORATION, WITH TONS OF PARTS AND A WORKED 400 STROKER ENGINE AND A 727 TRANSMISSION PACKAGE. IT'S SUPRISINGLY VERY LITTLE RUST FREE CAR WITH GREAT BONES, THESE EARLY ROADRUNNER CARS ARE ONE OF THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER COLLECTABLE CARS IN AMERICA. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SEEING IT, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

I AM ASKING $15,500.00, EMAIL ME AND I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE IT, THANK YOU.

not mine, not endorsing it, but probably a much better car in the grand scheme......I bet 11-12K takes it home. maybe 10 on the right day

REAL1968 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER BEEP BEEEP - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

View attachment 1246559 View attachment 1246560 View attachment 1246561 View attachment 1246562
View attachment 1246563
1968 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER

I HAVE FOR SALE A MOSTLY RUST FREE 1968 VERY RARE, FIRST YEAR 1968 REAL PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER ROADRUNNER. THIS CAR IS READY FOR A TOTAL RESTORATION, WITH TONS OF PARTS AND A WORKED 400 STROKER ENGINE AND A 727 TRANSMISSION PACKAGE. IT'S SUPRISINGLY VERY LITTLE RUST FREE CAR WITH GREAT BONES, THESE EARLY ROADRUNNER CARS ARE ONE OF THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER COLLECTABLE CARS IN AMERICA. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SEEING IT, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

I AM ASKING $15,500.00, EMAIL ME AND I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE IT, THANK YOU.
Holy cow, I dont know who that is.

Having scoured the webs over the last couple months looking at Road Runners and GTXs, it seems everything on the big sites (like Hemmings) is settled in at no less than $50k regardless of condition. When you trek into Bring a Trailer or USClassifieds4Sale you start finding those $20-30k cars. But those lower cost cars have more needs. Certainly the car mentioned in the first post falls into that low range. But as mentioned earlier, the recent auctions probably just reset the market on B-Bodies with some incredibly high priced sales.

Given the selection of Road Runners out there, I am about to pull the trigger on a GTX that checks all of my boxes. A little higher cost, but a much better value. I have concluded that there are much better value GTXs than Road Runners available out there (just my opinion).

no fucken' way anything near $61k

'on consignment',
does that, more than doubles the price ?

too much to pick apart on that $20k 'at best' car
even with the recent climbing market value

depends on what you are buying it for
but every single part & aspect has to be addressed
for a restoration it's a money pit

white lipstick on a red pig
(& a black engine bay, you can see the org. red beneath)

69 Roadrunner white on consignment $61k www.classiccardeals.jpg

View attachment 1246559 View attachment 1246560 View attachment 1246561 View attachment 1246562
View attachment 1246563
1968 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER

much better deal & far less hiden surprises

Got a 69 sitting in my driveway that's been here for about 4 months now. Now engine but I'll throw the new aluminum heads in the trunk that have been sitting on my bench for too long. Haven't heard from the owner for about 3 months. 15k in the mail box and I won't even look to see who is taking it! :D

Got a 69 sitting in my driveway that's been here for about 4 months now. Now engine but I'll throw the new aluminum heads in the trunk that have been sitting on my bench for too long. Haven't heard from the owner for about 3 months. 15k in the mail box and I won't even look to see who is taking it! :D

There once was an awesome 55 chevy with a big block and tunnel ram sitting in a driveway near me. His friend was doing work on it and the dude couldn’t pick it up.
Fast forward 20 years and the guy got out of jail and picked up it.

Call or text him, ( Thanks for picking up your car. Sorry I was away when you stopped.)
Most times that will get a reply. :D

Auto Transport Service
Back