• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, what is the going price window for a used 69 Road Runner?

That car was for sale just a year ago for under $30k.

That car was for sale just a year ago for under $30k.
I have seen it before, but dont remember the price. I wonder if that was before the custom engine bay restoration? According to Classic the owner bought this recently...and apparently is swinging for the fences.

Last edited:
Everything I see is... well, my mom used to say that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. Perhaps another person watching too many automotive auctions?

I just went and took a look at some of the Mopars on this site. I think some of these people are :realcrazy::wtf::fool::bananaweed:

Last edited:
It looks like a driver, so the price is way too high and for a show car worth that money, too much needs to be fixed. Ugly color pairing, in and out.

It wouldn't be ashamed driving around in that car. Only paying that price is where some shame is felt? I would say half that price? If that?

It wouldn't be ashamed driving around in that car. Only paying that price is where some shame is felt? I would say half that price? If that?
The person selling it paid about half. The girl at the dealership said he hasnt had it long. Probably watched Barret Jackson last month with a 6 pack of PBR, saw some very nice B bodies go for 70K and figured...My car is at least 60K all day long! But yeah, that is a mess. Who in their right mind would open the hood and say, Yeah I can pay 60K for this?

Last edited:
Prices have gone a bit nuts. But $60k is a bridge too far in my opinion. I sold a '69 RR 3 years ago. Base model 383 auto trans in similar condition for $9k. (Actually engine and underneath may have been a small step down from this car. It was little crustier) But certainly not a full step down. The 4 speed certainly adds value. As does the 3 years of price hiking.

RoadRunner front quarter.jpg

That thing is a mess. Lumps under the vinyl top, terrible dash, stupid, cheap looking seats, zero prep before paint... it goes on and on. That would have to be purchased as a car that needs a complete restoration, not one that has been done.

I still can't get over the posting question, " whats the going price window for a "USED" 69 Road Runner?
Probably the same price for a "NEW" 69 Road Runner...

That interior is a complete train wreck. Exactly where does the tan come into those seats, carpet, steering wheel, should I go on? Not to mention the engine bay, and the host of other problems mentioned above.

Auto Transport Service
Back