• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what to keep...

Rennkafer

Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Just bought this today to swap into my Coronet... 2016 Challenger R/T Plus w/23k miles prior to being wrecked. One of the worst wrecks I've seen where I know no one died, person I'm getting it from knows the driver and passenger who both survived (though passenger was in pretty bad shape) 5.7 Hemi with 8HP70. I know the 8 speed is a tough swap, and though I have the fabrication skills to do it, we'll see whether I decide that part is worth the effort.

So at this point I'm thinking, pull engine/trans/engine harness/pcm/gas pedal, drop front/rear subframes, salvage what exhaust I can (it has an X-pipe... is that stock?), pull the fuel tank/pump, and pull the gauge cluster and at least the front part of the interior harness with modules.

Anything else I should definitely grab before I let the body go off to the scrappers?

382115436_6884289944960424_7653265469640956147_n.jpg

382416934_6884289964960422_1419447676780428021_n.jpg

jesus, how fast were they going
From what I was told, around 140... drove off the road, flew a bit (road higher than surrounding field), landed on the passenger corner which dug in and cartwheeled the car multiple times.

I would recommend putting a new oil pump on the engine, check the crank snout closely and balancer. Wrecking yard by me won’t sell a hemi that’s been rolled hard or hit hard in the front... owner says the return engines he had were from hard hits... idk just putting it out there

I would recommend putting a new oil pump on the engine, check the crank snout closely and balancer. Wrecking yard by me won’t sell a hemi that’s been rolled hard or hit hard in the front... owner says the return engines he had were from hard hits... idk just putting it out there
No marks on the front pulley, so I'm thinking the sideways (vs end over end, or frontal crash) nature of the accident may have saved it. I will be inspecting it VERY carefully, measuring crank endplay, etc before installing it in the car.

Here is the wife's 2015 Challenger R/T a few days after we bought it new in March 2015.

View attachment 1533473

The pipes do merge slightly.
Ah yes, that's what mine looks like from what I saw of it. I wasn't sure if that was stock or aftermarket, may use it on my Coronet (or I might just call TTI and throw money at them), we'll see. Thank you!

Driving beyond his self perceived racecar driver skills. I bet when that car went airborne, I bet " oh **** " came into his thought process.
Ya, 20 something, probably zero training beyond drivers ed, but still in "I'm invincible" mode. He walked away from the hospital in 3 days... his passenger spent 3 months. Hopefully it was a learning experience.

Auto Transport Service
Back