• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, whats the coolest, oddest most expensive car etc you have sat in, driven, ridden

There's a long story to these cars but I'll give the short
Lead mechanic at a good year,06 Lamborghini mersalargo (sorry for the spelling ) hard top v12 6 speed had to take the $13000 custom wheels off and install the stocks owner requested me to test drive after to make shure there was no problems (it was getting traded in )
It gets better
same day lambo dropped off a 2010 mersalago roadster and took the first car owner showed up and. Said I want my 13000 wheels installed in my new car and please test drive to make shure there's no vibrations , holy crap I was so happy that day I took lots of pictures showed them to my wife and family and I then proceeded to send my phone for a swim and lost my proof ,so you guys can belive me if you want and a side note they weren't that great I would never buy one
Diff time when I was working at Ford I guess back in 06 or so can't remember I got to drive the new Ford gt not very roomy and didn't get to beat on it we were watched ,
Last on e this one isn't that great I got to drive an old Ferrari it was a 93 or so was at the body shop I was getting my car painted at someone backed it into a wall it was cool I guess
I sat in a Porsche gt3 my boss wouldn't let me drive it said he saw the way I beat on cars
I have no need to lie to anyone about what I have driven you can belive me or not it doesn't much matter

And the best was a Honda civic it was so bad *** it had a huge wing and a body kit it added like 1000 hp to it the wheels were crooked I was told that makes them Handel better it had neons and a bunch of speakers in it oh and a fat can and a big air filter
( my friend is in his own next time he drinks I'm not driveing his crap agen)

Maybe not the most expensive but of the mopar variety was a M code Cuda

Fastest I drove and WON with was my 410 sprint car with a Ford Cleavor motor in it at Seallings grove. SOB would carry the front end all the way to the next turn !!

Scraped up a gt40.

Attachments

• IMG_0052 r2.jpg
    IMG_0052 r2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0051_1.JPG2r.jpg
    IMG_0051_1.JPG2r.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0054 (1).jpg
    IMG_0054 (1).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0060 (1).jpg
    IMG_0060 (1).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0059 (1).jpg
    IMG_0059 (1).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 192
Most expensive - Mercedes 560SL Coupe - took my boss's car in for an oil change - car had the oddest feel to it - felt you were driving a tank - that solid - but handled well - a fire truck went by me downtown with the siren on - couldn't hear it at all - until I let the window down - it passed me in the lane next to me and couldn't hear it - the radio was not on.

Most Interesting was a Jaguar - not a sports car, but an older luxury sedan 3.8 litre - looked like a Bentley or a Rolls - had a fold down table in the back of the front seats and equipped with decanters and glassware - stocked bar for the backseat passengers -

Oddest? Rode in one of those tiny cars that had no nose on it (BMW perhaps?) - the front of the car was the door - the people that had it called it a 'baby car' - it may not have even had 4 wheels - may have been 3 - I was a kid at the time and was amazed when he opened the front of the car like a refrigerator door for us to get in... LOL

Most fun? Drove a pro-rally Datsun 510 - was not the fastest car I ever drove, but that little box was nimble! Great little auto-crosser...

In 1974 a friend of my then boss came to visit him with his 4 speed Hemi Superbird. The engine was prepped by Mr. Dick Landy, had a cross ram on it and I don't know what else. Asked if I wanted to take a ride.........Yes and pigs flew that day! We only got up to 155 mph, cause he didn't want to get too much attention. Said he had it up to 202 mph on a big banked track.

And for the etc...Friend of mine had (2) P51-D Mustangs. He had a jump seat behind the pilots seat in one of them and I rode with him in an airshow some years back. Unbelievable!!

Back in the eighties I was able to drive a porshe 911 (I think) for a short distance. It was a 4 wheel drive. Pretty cool. My friend has had a lamborgini for as long as I remember. trades up every few years. never driven it, but I got a ride a few years ago. He likes to really drive them. got us up to about 130 and right before a corner, applied the binders. Let me tell you, one of the most impressive things about these supercars are the brakes....I thought my eyeballs were going to come out of their sockets! There was an unforced smile on my face for at least 10 minutes.

Last year I was in Vegas and drove an older Ferrari F430 on a track for 15 laps. A bit pricey but well worth it. Where else can you not only drive a supercar, but be encouraged to thrash it to its limits? (or maybe more accurately your limits) There's a guy sitting next to you with a brake if needed, but he is encouraging you to take the car to its acceleration, braking and cornering limits.
It's pretty cool to have a $300,00 Ferrari sideways accelerating out of a corner.

71 Jensen SP that a friend of mine owned that I would work on N drive, not the most expensive or exotic car I've been in or worked on but my favorite.

1963 Dual-Ghia

16 known to exist in 1989, now 26 are known.

383 powered.

Had just got done reading about them in a general collector car book my Aunt gave me.

Was driving in semi-rural FL after moving from OH the previous year.

Crossed RR track and couldn't believe I saw one sitting there. The one I saw was gold.

Turned around and parked in front of dilapidated barn.

Knocked on door, shop owner answered and inside were a dozen BMW/MB/Rolls, etc, and "factory authorized service" papers for all makes on wall.- WOW.

Guy was real nice and let me crawl all over the car while we talked about it.
Fortunately I had just read all the specs, so it seemed like I knew what I was talking about.

Attachments

• Dual-Ghia-1963-L6.4-Coupe-0313-Simon-Clay_2400.jpg
    Dual-Ghia-1963-L6.4-Coupe-0313-Simon-Clay_2400.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 220
The strangest? and probably most fun I owned was my 1960 Austin Mini RHD
red60leftfrt.jpgred60rtrear.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back