• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold my Wood Chipper today.. LOL

He must be a stand-up guy with a name like that. :lol:
I taught yer name was speeeled wit a 'd'!?

First time someone made fun of our coloured money to me was at White Face Mountain skiing in 1974. I can look in my wallet and know exactly what I have, without pulling anything out and looking at the denominations printed on them.. :poke:
That only works if you ain't color blind....

And I've met some pretty nice people too that came out to buy something and have done the same thing....kept the shop closed up and armed myself. Some I've stayed in contact with from years ago but some weren't worth giving the time of day to....

Do you still have $1000 bills issued in Canada?
They stopped printing them after 2000. They're no longer considered legal tender, but the Bank Of Canada will continue to accept them, just like the old $500 and $25 bills (last issued in 1935)

Big bills are cool!
My favorite scene in the movie "how to marry a millionare" is the last one. A guy they all think is broke picks up the check at a diner, for six people. Less than ten bucks.
He whips out a wad that would choke a horse, peels off a $1000, and says "keep the change, mac."
The three woman pass out.
I had a wack of them at one time in the '90's. What I had left I'd give one to each Niece or Nephew when they got married as a present, knowing they couldn't just blow it someone on stupid stuff, they'd have to at least go put it in the bank.

First time someone made fun of our coloured money to me was at White Face Mountain skiing in 1974. I can look in my wallet and know exactly what I have, without pulling anything out and looking at the denominations printed on them.. :poke:
Don't sweat it Wayne....my first trip to USA this happened...

I pulled into a Gas station for gas only. Pumped about $9 worth in the car - it was cheap back then. I handed over a $10 bill to the cashier inside, and got change for $100.

Didn't notice till I was in the car ready to go. Same colour money has it advantages. :D

Auto Transport Service
Back