• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Solid 1968 Charger RT roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

70B5Cuda

Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
A link to pictures:

http://s282.photobucket.com/user/850XP/library/My old Mopars/1968 GG1 Charger?sort=3&page=1

1.jpg

Extremely solid 1968 Charger R/T that spent its life in Kansas and has been off the road for the past 30 years. It’s a real R/T which was ordered with GG1 (racing green metallic) body, white vinyl top, black/white interior, floor shift auto, console, air conditioning, and more. As the pictures show, the torsion bar cross member, hood hinge areas, rockers, and front/rear sub frame rails are rock solid; even the trunk floor extensions are in excellent shape. The trunk pan was cut out in the middle but the sides/perimeter are rock solid; a center patch could be spliced in instead of completely replacing the trunk floor. The cabin floor pans are incredibly solid. The passenger side floor pan has one rust hole (which is smaller than a dime) and the front cabin floor pans have several holes that were drilled to mount aftermarket front seats; the drilled holes could just be welded closed and the cabin floor pans would be good! The rear window corners have some rust in the lower corners (see pictures) but the corners are quite solid and all metal-I stripped the primer to show condition. The driver’s fender obviously didn't come from this car and it has rusted through on the lower extension-I will include a lower patch panel I bought. The driver's fender is dented in several areas and needs straightened, but could be saved. The original 440 engine and 727 transmission are long gone. I have a rear seat that is included but the car doesn’t have front bucket seats or the console. The door/side panels are mismatched but all present and in fair condition. The headliner is gone. The instrument cluster gauges are faded and the tachometer looks to be aftermarket or modified. The cluster is a rallye cluster must be from another model (of B body) as it doesn't have a flasher light switch. Some stainless is still on the car and I have some loose trim (see pictures) but I don’t have all the stainless/bright work for the car. This is an original air conditioned car but the A/C box under the dash was replaced at some point and is not the right one; I don’t have any of the engine bay A/C components or lines. A previous owner cut a hole on the firewall (a little smaller than a 50 cent piece) by the A/C box blower (see pictures). It has RT rear leaf springs and manual brakes with drums on all 4 corners. The differential included with the car is a 3.23 single track in a 741 case. The car has dings/dents like you would expect on see on a 50 year old unrestored car. There is some rust along the bottom of both quarter panels. The rear valance has some rust at the corners (see pictures). The right quarter was dented in front of the right rear wheel at some point. A previous owner pulled the dent out somewhat and filled over it. I stripped the paint and filler off the bottom of the quarters so you can see how little rust there is. The quarter windows and driver’s door window are all in the car. The passenger side door window was broken but a used piece of side glass is included. Other parts that are included are front valance, taillights, “Charger” chrome script pieces, windshield wiper, upper door pads, rear arm rests, and various interior pieces. The car does not have a radiator, driveshaft, grill assembly, windshield, rear window, bucket seats, console, exhaust, engine, transmission, bumpers, hood mounted turn signals/wiring, etc. I'm sure I didn't cover everything that is or isn't present so if you have questions, please email, call, or text me. The wheels pictured are not included as they were borrowed from another car so I could roll the charger around for pictures. The wheels that come with it will be the mismatched wheels that came with it when I bought it.

The car has a clear/open Kansas title, unmolested VIN tag, and fender tag. The partial VIN stampings on the radiator support and trunk drip rail all match the fender tag. I do not have the broadcast sheet. The car must be paid for with cash and picked up in person. I don't do wire transfers or cashier's checks. $13,000 boo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back