• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Sad/Bad News Yesterday

I feel your sadness and pain. It's terrible to lose a friend by suicide and we ask ourselves if there's something we could have done to prevent it. I lost a friend to suicide a number of years ago. He had talked to me 3 days prior to taking his life. He asked if I could help him get a job where I worked and I told him it would take some time, which unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to work on. He ran a hose from his exhaust to inside his car. Prayers are with you and his family.
Terry W.

So sorry to hear that. I lost a friend the same way a few years ago. He hid his severe depression very well. And the China virus isolated him from his social activities which brought the end.

Last edited:
So sad and sorry for your loss.A friend of mine did the same thing about 2 years ago. I still dont believe it because he gave no signs. :praying:

My condolences to all his family and friends.

Many years ago, one of my best friends committed suicide. Back then, we couldn't talk much about it either. "Take it like a man" and just deal with the feeling of pain. This statement was true for both my friend who committed suicide (obviously prior to), as well well as his good friends like me who were left to grieve and feel guilty after he killed himself.

Talk about it, cry, be sad, etc. It's good therapy and needed too.

I wish all involved peace.

So sorry to hear of this, Dave. There are a lot of people hurting out there these days.

That's a horrible story...

you have my deepest sympathies for your troubled friend
RIP Dwayne

Thanks folks for all your kind words and good thoughts. It is kind of weird, maybe, but I am feeling pissed off at him today, for removing himself from his family and circle of friends.

Thanks folks for all your kind words and good thoughts. It is kind of weird, maybe, but I am feeling pissed off at him today, for removing himself from his family and circle of friends.
Some people mask it better than others. I had a friend of mine do it,he made several attempts before finally succeeding.

My condolences to you, and also Dwayne's family at this difficult time. Unfortunately, the act of suicide leaves family and friends much more grief than normally associated with passing away. Everybody questions themselves, trying to find answers that are known only to the deceased. Depression and mental illness are not something that make sense to people that do not suffer from it. From Dwayne's perspective, he was out of choices for coping with it any longer. There was nothing anyone could do, he took his destiny on his own terms. It is just a very sad way for anyone to go.

Again, I am sorry for your loss of a friend, neighbor, and fellow mopar enthusiast.

RIP Dwayne

Very sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers.

It is kind of weird, maybe, but I am feeling pissed off at him today...
Not weird at all. Very normal actually, and I felt the same way for a time.

Typical emotional reactions to something bad and/or sad are typically
* denial
* anger
* bargaining
* depression/ guilt
* acceptance

You will likely feel many of these as you "process" the news and new reality. For me personally, I was stuck in the guilt stage for many years, blaming myself for not seeing the signs and therefore being unable to stop him from committing suicide. Talking with others will help move you towards acceptance. (And acceptance does not mean you like what happened, just that you accept that it did happen and are ready to move on with your life.)

Not weird at all. Very normal actually, and I felt the same way for a time.

Typical emotional reactions to something bad and/or sad are typically
* denial
* anger
* bargaining
* depression/ guilt
* acceptance

You will likely feel many of these as you "process" the news and new reality. For me personally, I was stuck in the guilt stage for many years, blaming myself for not seeing the signs and therefore being unable to stop him from committing suicide. Talking with others will help move you towards acceptance. (And acceptance does not mean you like what happened, just that you accept that it did happen and are ready to move on with your life.)
Well said.
Out of the Darkness rides the Dark Horse, Let The Horses Run...... I've lived this for many years and know so much about it, that I realize I know nothing. Mad, sad, yes, we pretty much stay both and more. I'm not going to bore you with a long story, just know that I get it and wish it would just stop!

Dave,
You're a good friend and trust me, he knew that. It's hard and some days we look back and think, because we have control of most everything in our lives that we just missed it. There are somethings that are just between God and us, and we have to live with it. My deepest condolences to all and I pray for Godspeed....... Ulli

Auto Transport Service
Back