• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Sad/Bad News Yesterday

Dave6T4

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
I received terrible news yesterday that a good Mopar friend and neighbour died the day before. At first, it sounded as though a hunting accident had claimed my friend. As I talked to more friends, the news became more tragic. Dwayne had died by his own hand. I visited him often at his home shop and never suspected he was facing his own demons. We swapped Mopar stories as often as we swapped Mopar parts. I spent 3 or 4 afternoons this summer helping him sort out cable shift transmission problems on his recently completed '64 Savoy project. He recently donated another pickup tube for my hunt for elusive oil pressure on my Polara's 440. He had just recently acquired a 1964 Dodge 440 hardtop project and 2 truck loads of parts that came with it. This was hardly the actions of someone contemplating suicide! He leaves behind a wife, daughter, son, and grandson. It is especially sad that no one recognized that he was struggling. I certainly did not. Dwayne had a large collection of Mopar cars and parts. He was a good friend and I miss him already.

P6170064.JPG

P6190055.JPG

P6190057.JPG

Very sorry you lost your friend.
Prayers for him and his family.

Sorry for your loss of a friend. It's terrible for a person to get to the point of such hopelessness. People in that mental-state, are not cowards or selfish. They are ill.

Damn, I hate to see anyone lose the fight...
I'm very sorry to read of the loss of your friend, Dave.
Of course, prayers and condolences to his family and his good friends like you...:praying:

Sorry for your loss, prayers sent for his family.

Very sorry to hear your news Dave. Depression is sometimes called the silent killer. I know first hand that most people who suffer it's terrible burden
will seem to be totally fine. Many put on a mask of "no trouble here" to present to their friends and loved ones because of the self imposed shame they
wrongly feel over having a mental illness. I've suffered all my life from chronic depression and have had some very hard times with it's ability to take you into the darkest
places of thought where you never knew you could go. Please know from my long term familiarity with with this disease that there was NOTHING you
could have done to prevent this. Your friend sadly chose to deal with his burden himself and even if you had asked or pleaded with him to tell you if anything
was wrong, he would likely have smiled and said no. That is the real power of this horrible disease. It's ability to make you truly believe that no one would ever understand.

Last edited:
My condolences as well. I know the shock of suddenly losing a close friend and still think about him 12 years later. Wow, based on your info it sure doesn't sound like a guy wanting to end it all. I'm certainly not versed on this; but I usually hear of some telltale clues with people planning to end their life as you mentioned, getting rid of possessions and such not buying more stuff. A mystery.

I've dealt with clinical depression in my family, and it is hard for most folks to comprehend. Sadly, little chance for you to see this coming. My condolences to all involved.

Sorry for your loss. It's sad to hear of people leaving the world this way and not asking for help.

My condolences to you and his family.
R.I.P.

Sorry to hear of your loss. No time is ever good for when this happens but sadly this time of year is when a lot of this does..

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss
My condolences to you and Dwayne’s family
Good friends are so hard to find

Sorry to hear Dave, I had a racing friend who took his life about 10 years ago. I also had no idea he was struggling.

Auto Transport Service
Back