• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some sellers….

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
Purchased from parts from a guy.. Made the deal then the the guy says I have two more I didn’t post. Sends pictures so I say I will take those 2 can you ship for the same $14? See response below..

Anyway I got them today…This is how they were then shipped…Luckily lenses did not get broken. Overall nice parts, good price but poorly packaged, not B-body as advertised and charged $5 more for the same small flat rate box he was originally shipping in…

Frustrating to say the least..

The email reply:
3645A279-E982-4381-B477-570828DDB3CE.jpeg

68D4F64B-67E0-477D-AC11-5E9C62748ED9.jpeg

Last edited:
I too have an "issue" with piss poor packaging of a pair of brake calipers that i have a posting about over on the A bodies site.
At least you got the parts, i didn't.
Lost somewhere in the USPS system, from Georgia, to the West Sacramento, CA. distribution center.
Believe me, count your blessings that you never have to do anything with the USPS in person, or over the internet.

Anyone have good luck with the USPS finding their lost auto parts in the system?

Last edited:
Priority Flat Rate Box is 8 11/16" x 5 7/16" x 1 1/2" and A Priority Medium Box 2 is 14 1/8" x 12" x 3 1/2". Sure looks like a "Small" box to me. Flat Rate from AZ to Fla, (~2000mi), as an example for a Priority Small box is $10.40 and $17.05 for a Priority Medium box.

Averaging 50mpg for 15 min = 12.5mi to the PO. Estimating his vehicle getting ~18mpg and a 25mi round trip, he would use 1.3888gal of fuel, and at $3.75/gal, that would be $5.21 for the trip.

So, if he used a small box, he overcharged you $3.39, but if he did use a medium #2, he under charged you $3.26 :bananadance:

Priority Flat Rate Box is 8 11/16" x 5 7/16" x 1 1/2" and A Priority Medium Box 2 is 14 1/8" x 12" x 3 1/2". Sure looks like a "Small" box to me. Flat Rate from AZ to Fla, (~2000mi), as an example for a Priority Small box is $10.40 and $17.05 for a Priority Medium box.

Averaging 50mpg for 15 min = 12.5mi to the PO. Estimating his vehicle getting ~18mpg and a 25mi round trip, he would use 1.3888gal of fuel, and at $3.75/gal, that would be $5.21 for the trip.

So, if he used a small box, he overcharged you $3.39, but if he did use a medium #2, he under charged you $3.26 :bananadance:
Small flat rate box was used only thing up charged was the price of shipping from $14 to $19 even though the same box was used.. I think you didn’t read the whole post… There was not even a piece of paper to protect the lenses and they were not even b-body parts.. The TRIfuckta..

Small flat rate box was used only thing up charged was the price of shipping from $14 to $19 even though the same box was used.. I think you didn’t read the whole post… There was not even a piece of paper to protect the lenses and they were not even b-body parts.. The TRIfuckta..
I read the whole post, and that is what I was saying. The small box was used, which costs less than the medium box. He said he used a larger box for the four items to justify the price increase in shipping, but still used the small box. The boxes are free, so the shipping should be the same as the "Flat Rate" Priority boxes are not based on weight, only size. Anyway, was just having fun analyzing the data he gave to justify the extra $5... :thumbsup:

I read the whole post, and that is what I was saying. The small box was used, which costs less than the medium box. He said he used a larger box for the four items to justify the price increase in shipping, but still used the small box. The boxes are free, so the shipping should be the same as the "Flat Rate" Priority boxes are not based on weight, only size. Anyway, was just having fun analyzing the data he gave to justify the extra $5... :thumbsup:
In Canada we pay for the flat rate boxes.

It takes strong will power to resist responding to some of the sellers that list parts for stupid prices.
One guy wanted $3500 for rusty Charger fenders, another $350 for a well seasoned power steering cooler.

It takes strong will power to resist responding to some of the sellers that list parts for stupid prices.
One guy wanted $3500 for rusty Charger fenders, another $350 for a well seasoned power steering cooler.
I saw those fenders and that would be a whole other topic. These parts were cheap and nice but what good is that when they are the wrong parts, inflated shipping for no reason and then did not care to even protect them during shipping…

I read it that the guy want an extra $4 for his gas to the post office and back.

Bubble wrap would have been another $10.

I saw those fenders and that would be a whole other topic. These parts were cheap and nice but what good is that when they are the wrong parts, inflated shipping for no reason and then did not care to even protect them during shipping…
The best thing to do is not respond. When the thread times out from inactivity may be the guy will get a clue. One thing to remember, every time someone responds, the thread gets bumped to the top of page 1 and the whole thing starts all over again.

Yep some people just want to sell and dont give a crap how they send it. Guess I need to ask how are you going to package it. SAD

Yep I asked for pics were the lights and filler go and he did not send those pics only other ones.

Paid dearly for upper inner frame rails. when restoring my car. Guy said he had a car he could get them out of for me. After getting them, they were junk. So, we do get got every now and then. Lesson learned. :BangHead:

I started cutting boxes for storage, flattened them and kept a big inventory for reuse along with used bubble wrap and packing paper. When I recently cleaned out a bunch of stuff to sell I packed the hell out of it, cut sheets of cardboard to double wall critical areas, separate everything, wrap with bubble wrap, pack all empty space with crushed paper, made sure when sealed up nothing moved in the box when shaken. It’s not that hard and reusing stuff, not expensive. I probably made 20 - 25 shipments and only used one prepaid box. USPS ground seemed to work as well as anything, cost was reasonable and stuff got to its destination in 2 - 4 days.

I ordered a pinion nut and a little round tin of yellow gear marking paint from Amazon a few weeks ago. It arrived in a box approximately 16x12x4 along with two little bubble packs - all rattling around in that big box. :realcrazy:

At least they were just marker lights, not a 956 radiator with no protection in the box... :soapbox:
I bought brand new headers and they were wrapped in plastic. :BangHead:

I started cutting boxes for storage, flattened them and kept a big inventory for reuse along with used bubble wrap and packing paper. When I recently cleaned out a bunch of stuff to sell I packed the hell out of it, cut sheets of cardboard to double wall critical areas, separate everything, wrap with bubble wrap, pack all empty space with crushed paper, made sure when sealed up nothing moved in the box when shaken. It’s not that hard and reusing stuff, not expensive. I probably made 20 - 25 shipments and only used one prepaid box. USPS ground seemed to work as well as anything, cost was reasonable and stuff got to its destination in 2 - 4 days.

I ordered a pinion nut and a little round tin of yellow gear marking paint from Amazon a few weeks ago. It arrived in a box approximately 16x12x4 along with two little bubble packs - all rattling around in that big box. :realcrazy:
And often, your own box will ship cheaper with USPS than their prepaid box.

And often, your own box will ship cheaper with USPS than their prepaid box.
Lately I found this to be the opposite… I have actually just put my box in their box, used their label, their tape and sent it for a couple dollars cheaper..

I ship stuff the way I want it shipped to me.. Typically overkill but what good is broken/damaged or lost nice original parts verses money. They stopped making these parts decades ago but they are still printing the money today..

Auto Transport Service
Back