• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sound Dampening Insulation

Jason69 RR

Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
I somewhere stumbled across a thread yesterday about sound dampening insulation, and the different options guys are going with. I love the signature sound of the Flowmaster 40's.... so having said that, does the matting dampen the interior noise down to a level that my wife won't b*tch about?? LOL! Just teasing.

Helped more with heat than sound but it DID help. I used this. Easy to use and QUITE affordable.
See my 67 pic on it.
http://www.retrorarities.com/FloorPans/index.html
S4018087.jpg

I'm not going for a restoration, and since it will not be seen, I used the carpet padding from Lowe's. About $0.55 a square foot and works great.

I plan to use tunnel shield on the firewall it's peel and stick with a real thick aluminum layer and not so thick fiberglass layer... I like the frost king idea on the roof and inside the cabin and the carpet pad on the floor.... I was afraid that dyna mat would smell like asphalt but I did consider putting it in the doors because it's water proof... and I thought about putting some tunnel shield around my oil filter to keep header heat off it.

I used hardware store knock off. Works good for heat too. DynoMax super turbos sound good and make wife happy. QTP's installed for when wife is not in car. I take that back, nothing makes wife happy, but it helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back