• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for 69 Charger hubcaps?

INTMD8

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a source for 69 Charger hubcaps for painted steel wheels. Does anyone make high quality reproductions or am I better of finding originals to restore?

Thanks!

Are you looking for the poverty style caps or the full cover caps, 14 or 15 inch?

I'm looking for the hubcaps, not wheel covers.

Yes I googled, and ended up with many results.

A friend of mine bought aftermarket hubcaps and they caved in/destroyed as you pushed them onto the wheel.

SO, the purpose of me asking is not due to my inability to use a search engine, it's for personal experience with a part I can buy that is recommended/high quality.

Thanks.

EDIT- Sorry, after conversing with Richard (69bfan) I realized my terminology may not be correct.

I was under the understanding that wheel covers were full width/covers the entire wheel and hubcaps just covered the inner wheel/lug area.

His term of poverty cap rings a bell and I believe that to be correct so I apologize for any confusion.

Last edited:
It sounds like he is looking for these... PM me if interested as I have a few nice original sets...
IMG_9671.JPG

Hub caps cover the hub, wheel covers cover the wheel, all of it. Poverty caps, doggie dish are nicknames (among others) for hubcaps.

so he wanted dog dish caps.

Auto Transport Service
Back