• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spam in general discussion

Spent some time in Hawai'i and spam is still going strong over there, we just dont need it here on this forum.........
Thanks for the clean up...
Man I could really use a few cans of the Portuguese Sausage flavored Spam, but they don't sell it stateside! That sucks!

Man I could really use a few cans of the Portuguese Sausage flavored Spam, but they don't sell it stateside! That sucks!

Limited availability in stores. I wonder if you could order some. I see it listed through the Wal Mart app but it isn't available through any local stores. SPAM® with Portuguese Sausage Seasoning | SPAM® Varieties
I miss having Portuguese soup. Mom used to make it and my sister got the recipe but can't find the linguica around this area. Probably could now with the internet.....

I miss having Portuguese soup. Mom used to make it and my sister got the recipe but can't find the linguica around this area. Probably could now with the internet.....
I drive by a Portuguese market practically every day, they prepare fresh linguica daily... Smells incredible.... Tastes damn good too...

I was going to ask what spices or flavors makes it so good.

I was going to ask what spices or flavors makes it so good.

I don't think I ever want to know what's in it, even what spices. I've always liked it. Fried with eggs in the am, just a cold sandwich is good. Came in real handy when camping.

I saw their Hickory Smoked once and thought that sounded like it would be good. I liked to gag on the taste. No way ever again!
image-product_spam-hickory-smoke-12oz-420x420.png

1. Report it.
2. Click "Ignore" on the user.
3. Enjoy the balance of your life.

So....the Hawaii folk really do love the stuff, eh? Wonder what that's all about....

Spam Hawaiian Skillet doesn't look too bad. The kabobs either.

spam-hawaiian-skillet-655.jpg

spam-cordon-bleu-hawaii-kabobs-655.jpg

Can't forget this from M*A*S*H:
spam lamb.jpg

The SPAM LAMB!

So....the Hawaii folk really do love the stuff, eh? Wonder what that's all about....
Probably due to price and that is dripping with fat......or at least unrecognisable juices. :p

Not just the Hawaiian's, but a lot of the Pacific Islander's as well.
Pacific Islanders (or Poly's as we know them here) love that, and KFC. Probably for the same reason as above.
Flights out of NZ to Samoa and other Pacific Islands (by ex-pats) are usually loaded with huge boxes of KFC to take to family.

It doesn't pay to try and be in a hurry at lunchtime at the airport KFC if you're working out that way. :p

I guess what spam is to Hawaiian's is what caviar is to Russians? Just an assumption.

Auto Transport Service
Back