• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spark plug wire boots

great!just installed them today..tight little suckers..had to use spark plug wire assembly lube to get them to go all the way on the plugs..but these wont burn.now as long as they don't crack and create a grounding point, should be good to go..cleared all header tubes..the tightest one was #6..it may be touching the tube barely...will run it tomorrow..

View attachment 534870 View attachment 534871

Worst one for me was #5, had to get under the car to remove with the header on, mostly because I couldn’t quite get my hand in there from above.

i've gone ceramic with headers . those tubes were black painted on install with freash wires that blistered the boots in minutes i
DSC01052.JPG
won't go back , and this is the next ceramic .
DSC09262.JPG
DSC09263.JPG
DSC07565.JPG

When the present set of silicone boots are no longer serviceable an evaluation will have to be made. #3 presently is the only one that has had a problem.

my 63 sf with mw setup and headers and a front mounting plate had issues with six . the engine sits tight on the passenger inner fender well shock tower
05190027.jpg
. but the new max heads are angle plugs , so i'm sure to need a different setup . i like the ceramic boots to a point , they are hard to get on and off . and that ceramic is thin , and cracks . have already pulled one of my accels apart in a removal of a spark plug . taylor makes a set , more funds although . but if there better made its worth it , i think .

Auto Transport Service
Back