• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark Plug Wire Heat Shield & Intake Manifold Insulation

Charger Too

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
1967 Dodge Charger 383 Engine: (1) Is there a spark plug heat shield around both plugs on both sides of the engine that are next to the connection between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe? One person said one shield on left side and two shields on the right side. On my 1968 Newport 383 there is two shields on both sides. (2) To cover the intake manifold insulation, is there a metal cover at both ends (front and back) or just in the front? Thanks!

1967 Dodge Charger 383 Engine: (1) Is there a spark plug heat shield around both plugs on both sides of the engine that are next to the connection between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe? One person said one shield on left side and two shields on the right side. On my 1968 Newport 383 there is two shields on both sides. (2) To cover the intake manifold insulation, is there a metal cover at both ends (front and back) or just in the front? Thanks!
I know the shield (one only) answer: front! Any prize?
Mike

On the right side is the 1 two plug shield, and on the left, should be a one plug shield for #7.
The cbodys left side is different, and should have 1 two plug shield.

20230816_121919.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back