• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaker

68GTX4SPEED

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Had this one in a box, don't know where it came from, need help to identify this little item, must be to speakers front and rear I guess.

IMG_20240225_161916785_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240225_161924712_HDR.jpg

Yes, a fader switch. It looks like late model or aftermarket according to the grey plug.

I never saw that in my 68 X and at one time had the entire inside all apart when restoring it. 48 yr ownership. Must have been an add on by a previous owner.

I never saw that in my 68 X and at one time had the entire inside all apart when restoring it. 48 yr ownership. Must have been an add on by a previous owner.
I was thinking aftermarket too. The grey plug looks new style.

Last edited:
I've had those in two of my '69s, fade control switch for factory option rear speaker. Neither of my '68s had it, and the Hemi was a highly optioned car.

I've had those in two of my '69s, fade control switch for factory option rear speaker. Neither of my '68s had it, and the Hemi was a highly optioned car.
Yep. Front/rear fader was a factory option on the cars at the time. No idea if the OP's is a factory switch though.

My guess is it is from a 1970 GTX that was scrapped in the mid seventies, I have alot of stuff from that car.

It is factory not sure on what year but I suspect 70 and newer or a earlier 3 speaker system with a cross over box. The base front and rear used a single pot control. When they went 3 or more and possibly some form of stereo they used the two pot fader the poster is showing.

speaker fader.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is it is from a 1970 GTX that was scrapped in the mid seventies, I have alot of stuff from that car.
Yes it is factory all day long. I have one on a 70 sport satellite.

Thanks to everyone, going to sell some stuff now when I got retired, easier to sell if you know what it is.

Auto Transport Service
Back