• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPEAKERS?

As per the specs, it likely has a lot less than 200 watts of real power in total. When they claim "Full Bandwidth Power (at less than 1%THD) 22W X 4" then it's probably even less than 20 watts per channel when checked at under 1/10% distortion like good home audio equipment.

It's a budget device, touting a lot of features like changing colour displays, bluetooth, USB charging, Alexa etc. and how many phones can connect before it even gets to the sonic abilities. No doubt it sounds better than the original 2 or 5 watt radio though.

Because of that i would say if you really want to use the internal amplifier you want speakers with no more than 22w RMS @ 4 ohm each.
But its still taking a guess to some extent.

Note that the majority of aftermarket head units that claim 4 channel of high power are typically about 10Wx4, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.5% THD into 4 Ohms.. If U want higher power than a separate component amplifier is required, and stay with the quality brands as the off-brands mostly have BS poor specs... If pursuing this direction of a separate amplifier make sure the head unit has 4 channel pre-outs. Note that we spent 12 years as product development manager @ JBL/Infinity and have many years of designing/building high quality car audio systems....

Just my $0.02...

I have a new aftermarket stereo (Stereo) I am wanting to install but cannot decide on speakers for my 69RR. I am not looking to rock the neighborhood when I drive down the street, but I do want a clean clear sound when I get on the highway and crank her up. I see speakers priced at $30.00 a pair to $300 a pair. What brand/size of speaker gets the best bang for the buck!!!??? Any suggestions? THNX!
i made a speaker bracket that allows 2 speaker in dash. i have 10 left if interested. $30 shipped. just another option.

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

I can't remember where I got the first bracket, but I installed some Pioneers into it for my front speaker. But I could not get the heater controls (non A/C) to work/fit. So I found a guy on eBay who made mounting plates with speakers for e-bodies and he swore it would fit and clear my 70 RR. It almost cleared and I redrilled some holes, but eventually it all fit. I did this with my heater box out and controls installed. So not sure of ease of install with heater box in for the front speakers. I put 6x9 Pioneers in back with an Alpine unit, no amp required like older stereos, I guess. Just wanted something similar to my setup in the 70s/80s. In back, I mounted the right one at an angle in the defrost opening and the left side I used an adapter plate for the smaller hole. I mounted them from underneath and they are covered by the package tray with slots -- works fine. The original stereo will go with the car if I ever sell it and I saved the original front speaker. I love the fact that I can plug in a USB stick and listen to music.

This did not fit...

003.JPG

This cleared the heater cable...
067.JPG

Put some grill cloth on top similar to factory before I mounted, and it looks fine...

079.JPG

Last edited:
mine fit perfect. no mods required
For some Mopar years the front OE 4x10 speaker had different mounting centers...
Back in 2003 when I assembled my 70 RoadRunner I designed a custom dash trim panel for a single DIN CD player and had it quoted by Scosche Industries for molding and mass production but they wanted a minimum run of 500 pieces so I made my own out of a blank repro delete panel using my trusty Dremel. Regarding the front speakers, I also designed a custom plate to mount (2) 4" 2-way speakers but I inserted small 0.5" spacers under each of the (2) inside speaker mounting holes so that the tweeters were angled outward for reflecting off the windshield this helps tremendously for the dispersion of the higher treble frequencies. Note that I used 4" speakers as there was a wider choice available of types than the 3 1/2" size speakers. Since I did product development for the JBL/Harman/Kardon brands I used a couple of 2-way 4" Infinity Kappas that utilized an incredible dome tweeter which helped immensely for even more treble response. For the head unit I preferred the Pioneer units as they had a rear panel USB port for my iPod in the glove box, where most of the other brands only had front panel USB ports I didn't want a cable hanging down in front. I have an iTune library of 500 CDs so I have plenty of tunes for the road... :thumbsup: I wanted to keep my RR interior close to stock and have gotten multiple compliments on my CD install over the years.

Just my $0.02..

Auto Transport Service
Back