• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special Order does not exist.

Kern Dog is just getting warmed up folks......hehe.

Robert, not to keep the thread alive....did you ever explain why you cancelled this order? I know some on here don't care to believe that this could possibly happen, but I'd never put it past a salesman worth his salt, who would sell his granny to a Turk......so, having said that, why would you have cancelled such a beast? Gas crunch?
I wanted the car really bad. I was just married and just left the Navy. My new wife could not drive a standard and complained most of that evening. I gave in so not to put a car above my new wife. So i cancelled the charger and ordered a 73 Duster with the Twister package. To include an automatic. Trouble is, I got a divorce a year later.

The only plausible scenario I can see here is that the car would’ve been ordered with a 340, and the intake and carbs would’ve been aftermarket or NOS from a dealership stockpile. It would not have been a T/A motor, just a 340 with dealer installed intake and carbs.
You may be totally correct. When i posted this, i only posted what i was told as i tried to order the car. I was just 23 years old and listened to the sales person. The z as he said in the 5th digit for special order engines was true so i believed him. Was I wrong? Will never know since my order was cancelled.

Auto Transport Service
Back