• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed Nut Tricks

mdurbahn

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got some new repro emblems for my car and having a tough time getting the speed nuts to tighten up on the new studs. Any better kind of self cutting nuts I can use?

Are they the original nuts?

Did you over tighten them?

It could be the reproduction emblem as the issue...the studs are smaller in diameter or the the cheap metal/chrome allowed the speed nut to spin.....

You can try a smaller speed-nut but be careful not to break the stud......some old school hardware stores have some of different sizes......

Your best bet is to go with the Auveco Products speed nuts. They have good quality automotive hardware, not the cheap stuff that most automotive stores sell.
Let me know the emblem stud diameter and I'll check my inventory. I purchased a couple boxes of different size speed nuts.

If the correct sized nut spins on the stud, just smack the top of the nut with a hammer to close up the hole and reduce its diameter.

Auto Transport Service
Back