• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emblem Attachment Nuts

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Any hints/tricks on how to thread these nuts on the posts without breaking them? I ordered new nuts as mine seem way to tight. It’s almost like they are dull and aren’t cutting in at all.
Just curious what you guys do when twisting your nuts lol.

IMG_0289.jpeg

Last edited:
They didn't thread the studs. The stamped (Pal Nut) kind of makes its on thread.

A couple of examples
pal nuts (Large).jpg

6324f9e250db1598349980.jpg

Looks like you have the ones that came off of the emblem. You just have to be gentle running them on. Here's the only pic I could find of a stud. Behind the emblem on my dash pad.
20210617_222221.jpg

They didn't thread the studs. The stamped (Pal Nut) kind of makes its on thread.

A couple of examples
View attachment 1563794
View attachment 1563795

Looks like you have the ones that came off of the emblem. You just have to be gentle running them on. Here's the only pic I could find of a stud. Behind the emblem on my dash pad.
View attachment 1563796
Yup that’s why I purchased new ones. I found that the old ones didn’t seem to cut at all anymore. Must be common with age that the cutting edge gets rusty and dull like old razor blades.

Last edited:
Yup that’s why I purchased new ones. I found that the old ones didn’t seem to cut at all anymore. Must be common with age that the cutting edge gets rusty and dull like old razor blades.
In the past I use a nut driver and once they start turn the nut on a few slow turns.
Then back off , then a few more turns and back off. Kinda pre threading the stud before your standing on your head in the trunk or up to your elbow in a fender. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back