• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer cable routing question

Car #4

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
68 Charger which I bought restored. The pics are the Speedo cable under the dash. It comes through the firewall and has this big curl before it disappears up under the dash. Should this be? My thinking is that it would spin much easier if that was a straighter shot from firewall to speedo. Is it possible this is the wrong cable?

1E38EA89-8766-4781-A178-2886A556B9C8.jpeg

99D1BDB1-2673-446A-BB11-C8D65AF2921E.jpeg

A91AD284-4B7A-42EC-99F9-EE0AA81D25C2.jpeg

mines not curled in my Bee or my 70 charger,maybe to long off a cable or not routed correctly under the car.

Its routed wrong under the dash. Needs to be re-routed.

It should run up inside the brake bracket and straight to the speedo. The cable is either too long or it's run incorrectly from the firewall to the transmission.

@dadsbee That’s kind of what I thought. A straight run would be better. Does anyone know what length it should be? I can try and get a measurement on mine and see if it’s the right one.

Auto Transport Service
Back