• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

speedometer cable

rr70

Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Hi, could someone please post a pict of the speedometer cable, the end that mounts in the trans, that would be a great help!
Car is a 1970 roadrunner, 4-spd.
/Linus

vbpgimage.php

thanks for the quick response!
now i know, dont looks like the one i bought:(

itll work....theyre pretty much all the same! mine isnt a hex...its round knurled.

itll work....theyre pretty much all the same! mine isnt a hex...its round knurled.

ok thats intresting, mine has to, but the "bolt" dosnt goes over the thing that surrounds the wire...if u understand how i mean..
I´ll send a pic later..

heres a pic of the cable I bought, supposed to fit..didnt..
as U can see the wire dosent connect with the hole in the adaptor..

Attachments

• Vire M txt.jpg
    Vire M txt.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 252
i have one in my shop. let me look at it and ill get a pic for ya. i dont think mine has that "thing" on it. are you sure thats for a mopar?

i have one in my shop. let me look at it and ill get a pic for ya. i dont think mine has that "thing" on it. are you sure thats for a mopar?

Not 100% sure actually, it would bee a great help if U could take a look a youre cable!
Hers another pic, as you see the whole in the nut as smaller than the "thing" surrunding the wire...

Attachments

• bild-1.jpg
    bild-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 225
i looked at the cable for ya. i was wrong. my cable that is on the car now IS the hex nut end. I do have a replacement( its a little melted from the exhaust but still works good). the replacement is the knurled one like in that pic. i have not tried to put the new one on yet because the old one is working fine but my new one DOES NOT separate like that one seems to be doing. ......the the number one reason i didnt take a pic................( drum roll).....I HAVE NO BATTERIES FOR MY CAMERA!....

TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON JOHNNY

hope this helps

I took the cable back to the store, they said it was probably not done right in the first placering, I got a new one so problem solved! To bad i didnt realize it in the first place, save me some time and effort!

/linus

Auto Transport Service
Back