• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer Drive Gear

jball1105

Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get my speedometer cable installed. The sensor/cable I got from Dakota Digital (I got the VHX Gauges) doesn't look like it is complete. I think I need a nylon drive gear. It looks like it would just slip onto the squared end of the piece they sent me? If this is correct anyone know the correct one to order? I found 18, 19, 24 tooth gears when I searched for T10 drive gear on summit. The trans is the Borg Warner T10 (63 Sport Fury).
Dakota Digital.jpg

Thanks!

That looks like the Ford style adapter. I got some parts for mine at Bruce Coutures Modern Driveline, Inc

Right. But that adapter he shows will not fit the t-10 gears. His uses a ford style gear. It may still work. I would call Dakota and verify what they sent as being able to work.

I want to say that they told me it was a Ford adapter when I got it several years ago, but I'm not positive. I'll call them again.

sure looks like a TH350 speedo gear to me.
Other ads on that page show it being the same for the th350 which 700R4 would be the same I think. I guess whey reinvent the wheel. So they stuck them in everything.

The number of teeth on the pinion won't matter because you have to calibrate the speedo using the setup buttons.

if it's a '63 plymouth with the correct t-10 then why not use the correct speedo cable for a '63 with the correct pinion? fairly simple.

if it's a '63 plymouth with the correct t-10 then why not use the correct speedo cable for a '63 with the correct pinion? fairly simple.

I don’t think that would work with the Dakota Digital VHX gauges I’m using

Auto Transport Service
Back