• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spell out your ideal day. Your REALISTIC ideal day....

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, we can all write stuff like.... Sex with a beautiful 20 year year old woman, count my millions, swim in the ocean behind my Summer home....
Come on, guys.
What is your ideal day, one that actually CAN happen for you?
How about this one...?
I like Waking up after a comfortable sleep, still laying in the bed awhile just letting myself get used to the idea of being awake. Maybe a nice romp with my lovely Wife, then I'd get dressed for the day. I'd go by the nearby 7-11 and get a Big Gulp of Mountain Dew, come back home and eat some leftover Pizza while watching a few minutes of The Walking Dead or one of my favorite car movies.
I'd then head out to my backyard shop and fiddle around with the cars a bit.
I like tearing down and scrapping cars almost as much as building them. Maybe I'd strip out that wrecked Duster or assemble the suspension in the 65 Dart. By now the Wife is outside with the dogs. I take a break and play with them, tossing the frisbee or the ball while they bark and play with each other. Later we'd sit on the deck watching the dogs play tug-of-war with their toys and run around having fun.
By late afternoon I'd clean up the Charger because I heard that a burger joint is having a "cruise-in". It is about 20 minutes away so I get to stretch the legs a bit. Along the way, a guy in a late model 5.0l Mustang rolls up at a stoplight. The light goes green and despite my best efforts, I go up in smoke trying to get the car moving from a dead stop. I feather the throttle, trying to walk the line between traction and rapid acceleration. I am behind the Ford but as I gain traction, I also gain on him. By the time we are nearing 60 mph, we are even but we also back out of it to avoid letting it get out of hand.
The car cruise is a nice time. The Wife and I get burgers and onion rings and even though I probably have bad breath, several enthusiasts stop by to chat about the event, the cars and the food. Nobody is a selfish, egotistical blabbermouth, just a bunch of great people.
On the way home, the Wife wants to go fast so since nobody is looking...I wind it up to 120. The wind through the windows, the big Mopar RB just wailing, the exhaust is howling. She is loving it, so am I. Just as I dial it back to the speed limit, a Police car passes going the other way, unaware that he almost caught a guy doing stupid speed just a moment ago.
At home, the Wife and I pop in a movie and watch it on the couch until we both fall asleep.

Okay....Maybe not the most exciting day for some of you but it would be a great day for me.
What about YOU ?

I think an ideal day is about to happen, I'll get back on that.
Another ideal day would be when my chop bug is in one piece & cruise able, in tow by my finished Dodge Fireball class C, ready to hit car gigs.

.....Write about a day that CAN happen?....Ok, I wake up, pat the kitty, bathroom is all mine, breakfast is cooked, trash cans empty, lunch is packed, kiss the wife, jump in the charger, call in sick, head to my shop, spend the day working on the Bee, wife brings beer and pizza at 5pm, changes the channel for me on the shop TV to the Dukes, acts surprised at all the work I did on the Bee, offers to help me "relax" after a hard day of adjusting the glovebox door and installing the rear view mirror, offers to clean my guns and agrees to worship the ground I walk on......ah, the perfect day!......Now I just gotta talk the wife into all of this....

.....Write about a day that CAN happen?....Ok, I wake up, pat the kitty, bathroom is all mine, breakfast is cooked, trash cans empty, lunch is packed, kiss the wife, jump in the charger, call in sick, head to my shop, spend the day working on the Bee, wife brings beer and pizza at 5pm, changes the channel for me on the shop TV to the Dukes, acts surprised at all the work I did on the Bee, offers to help me "relax" after a hard day of adjusting the glovebox door and installing the rear view mirror, offers to clean my guns and agrees to worship the ground I walk on......ah, the perfect day!......Now I just gotta talk the wife into all of this....
You must be a bachelor - lol

Hmm ,wake up without any pain! Get to finally do my morning workout again after all these years . Let the ducks out and watch them awhile let the dogs out and watch /play with them awhile. Get out in the shop and fix the fuel tank sending unit in the charger why I'm at it I'm going to grease the car too ! Then off for gas and all the time I'm looking for the high school cheerleaders washing cars wheel on in there and let them clean her all day long or until I am good! Then I think I would finish out the day at the gun range shooting until they close) then on to..... long horn stake house and order my
out law ribye 24 .oz it's like heaven on earth!

Thanks guys..
I'll admit that I have had days almost as good as I described....Half of those on one day, half on another but not all in the same day.

Wake up feeling refreshed after a good nights sleep. No pain anywhere. Wife is in a good mood and helped clean up the Dodge the night before. Dog is happy and does not growl or try to bite me. The other old dog has not peed on the floor. I have a fresh cinnimon roll with a pepsi and glass of ice. Clear blue sky and 70 degree with a high of 80 degree for that day. All the windows rolled down for the maximum looks in a 2 dr hdtp . We get in ole Brutus, and run him through the gears on a little cruise. Big smile on my face with a Tom Petty song in my mind. We stop for lunch at a little diner that has won " Best Burger In Iowa" We continue on our scenic cruise, and stop at a friends house to see his progress on his rat rod. On the way home we pick up some excellent steaks to be char grilled at home, and some cold beer. We spend the evening on our new deck with the " Sunsetter" roll out awning ....no mosquitos !! My wife has her wine, and I have my ice cold beer.....Well.. it COULD happen.................................MO

(How different this would have been if written 20 years ago..!) Well it's a day off work, for starters...get up and get the coffee made..sit on the back patio with the sunrise and the dogs by my feet. Read a little bible and sip my coffee before the wife and kid wake up (my quiet time!) Weather would be nice enough to get in a nice early 50 or so miles on the bike, and then get home and get a leg massage..then it's time to fire up the 68 and cruise the family out somewhere for some lunch and maybe another stop or two. After some relaxy time, maybe swim or go kick the soccer ball with the kid or take the dogs for a good walk...then I'll run to the store for something to 'cue for dinner..(AKA alone time with the big block!) Gotta blow that carbon out, right? Unwind with a movie after dinner and when the youngins are out, get frisky with the wife before falling into deep coma-like sleep...

I think this guy has the right idea of the perfect day.

Sleeping or napping without having to take a piss 3 times.

oh and fuckin' all day in-between.

It will be an ideal day if I get the color sand & polish done without breaking through an edge. Otherwise heartbreak hotel.

IMG_20170930_142408.jpg

The blade major area has been cut open in 1000 & breathing out for a week. Now I'll work it in 1500 up to the fine line tape on edges,(both sides), then without tape i’ll sand out in 2000 & very DELICATELY kiss it to the edges. The problem with sanding out peel & dust peaks on some thing so small & black is any unsanded area will show an immediate surface contrast. These edges are very sharp, so not much material gathered at edges. Paint will do a funny thing @ edges, it will gather into a high spot just before the edge & kinda roll back from the edge itself. Yeah I'm nervous as a whore in church.

IMG_20171004_104839.jpg

Ay caramba! Taking years off my heart. Doing face in 2000, still got a little peel to work out from edge in about an 1/8".
Of course with every sanded to edge, the next liability is polishing out the 2000 scratch pattern without burning the edges. I'm pushing the envelope because this has to look as good as I can squeak out, it is headed to some Very Important Recipients. God Bless America.

IMG_20171004_123544.jpg

Get out of bed have a peaceful cup of Joe

not listen to my father any "more" health issues

get an unsuspected windfall or huge dividend check
of some sort, so I can waste it on the RR

have my dog not bark at everyone walking their dog by
without me telling him

have great news from the kids about something
especially from James who I rarely here from
deployed somewhere far away always, do go knows what,
always in harms way

have my nephews HS girls basketball team
{I feel sorry for him he tries so hard & they still suck so damn bad}
finally win a damn game, at-least play some defense & foul somebody
get aggressive, not be so damn passive...
I guess there's always next year

go out & work on one of my cars or trucks & not have any issues
"what so ever", even if I rarely have anything go wrong

have my kids & family over in the evening & have a BBQ, a few brews
my father not make an *** out of himself, my sisters no bicker,
all play card games & BS most of the night, the little kids playing outside
rather than on the TV or video games...
Than them all leave :)
so the house is quite when I get up in the morning again

have it nice, sunny & warm, with very little wind & low humidity
beautiful day, go out & tinker with my RR
{wait I have that, I live in the NorCal Sierra's}

Have a simple damn NFL football game that doesn't start with;
some fucken' worthless unpatriotic or seemingly racist or political protest

{is that too much to ask ?}

have the MSM not go after our duly/fairly elected Pres. for every word &
actually support his agenda to "make America great again" instead of
the god damn needles political resistance/lies by DC/Dem.'s RIONO's
& the MSM constantly
{wait that's a real pipe dream}

I don't ask for & need much, I'm a pretty simple living soul...
I have pretty much most everything I want & need...
Most are totally realist, except maybe the last one,
far too many losers in the world, argumentative arrogant ********,
that all seemingly have an agenda, that belong to the proverbial swamp,
or are all brainwashed & indoctrinated into it somehow...

Last edited:
I take it that your Dad can be a bit annoying....?

Budnicks made mention of his Father in the above post.

Some good days you guys have planned! Me, I'd like to start with a good night's sleep, wake up to coffee and pancakes in bed, the kids running in and jumping in the bed and 'almost' spilling my coffee, but not quite.

Toss the family in the Belvedere and spend the day playing / hiking / swimming at the local state park. Then we get some hotdogs and ice cream the local Stewart's where I leave with a nice burn out for the cheering patrons.

Put the kiddies to an early bed and me and the wife have a nice bourbon and some action.

Some good days you guys have planned! Me, I'd like to start with a good night's sleep, wake up to coffee and pancakes in bed, the kids running in and jumping in the bed and 'almost' spilling my coffee, but not quite.

Toss the family in the Belvedere and spend the day playing / hiking / swimming at the local state park. Then we get some hotdogs and ice cream the local Stewart's where I leave with a nice burn out for the cheering patrons.

Put the kiddies to an early bed and me and the wife have a nice bourbon and some action.

Beeeeautiful thing :thumbsup:

Including, but not limited to: good clicks on the Inversion Table, Mopar wheel time, 44 at the range with hot loads, Vodka, Rock and Roll. Not in that order.

Auto Transport Service
Back