• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Splash Shields

JPrusinows

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
Anybody running with the metal splash shields in place (Front Fender area)? Were they all black or body color? Anybody have any pics with them in place and or with the rubber stapled on edging?

Thank you much and in advance,

Jeff

I coated mine to match the rest of the under body. 65 Belvedere.
Mike
IMG_2744 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2743.JPG
IMG_2305.JPG

I can have some pics for you soon. Just finishing the interior up, and moving to the lift to finish the underside...

I can have some pics for you soon. Just finishing the interior up, and moving to the lift to finish the underside...
Great, the more the better! Vandan your car is going to be awesome!

Great, the more the better! Vandan your car is going to be awesome!
Your Cars have Been a Great Influence on it !!! I have to Push to get to Your Level !!!

Mike,

Great pics! Thank you. Now what the heck am I looking at here!? LOL! Are the two photos up top the two pieces below installed? Or am I way off base?

Appreciate your eply buddy, thanks.

Jeff
The top photo is the left front splash shield and the next down is the left rear. It has a notch cut in to clear the USCT inner fender brace.
Mike

Your Cars have Been a Great Influence on it !!! I have to Push to get to Your Level !!!
Mine are more fun tributes with the fun of trying to make them correct in my own mind! LOL. Yours is work of art, cant wait to see it. Post those pics, tired of cleaning my door hinge area!

See you at Carlisle?

Mine are more fun tributes with the fun of trying to make them correct in my own mind! LOL. Yours is work of art, cant wait to see it. Post those pics, tired of cleaning my door hinge area!

See you at Carlisle?
We're on the same page with the cars, as Your's are also spot on ! Yes, I will be there, but the car won't quite be ready...

The top photo is the left front splash shield and the next down is the left rear. It has a notch cut in to clear the USCT inner fender brace.
Mike
Mike,

I think I'm getting it now. LOL! How did you determine where to drill holes for the staples or was it the clips that look like staples? What size drill did you use? Looks really good sir! And how many screws/bolts with the big flat washers did you use? Do the attaching bolts for the front shields come in from the engine bay side of the front of the fender?

Thanks again,

Jeff

Mike,

I think I'm getting it now. LOL! How did you determine where to drill holes for the staples or was it the clips that look like staples? What size drill did you use? Looks really good sir! And how many screws/bolts with the big flat washers did you use? Do the attaching bolts for the front shields come in from the engine bay side of the front of the fender?

Thanks again,

Jeff
The holes were OEM as are the shields. I opted for the stainless clips when I purchased new rubber seals. The screws with fender washers were also determined by Chrysler and in the screw kit I bought. In the front shield, the inner fasteners fit through the shield into the inner fender and the outers come in from the head lamp area, including one from the center-not shown in that pic.
Mike

Thanks Mike for sharing much appreciated!

Jeff

Jeff congrats on a WELL deserved 1rst place! It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you & your pit crew. My only regret? Not hearing that beast run! Dave

Jeff congrats on a WELL deserved 1rst place! It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you & your pit crew. My only regret? Not hearing that beast run! Dave
Thanks Dave, much appreciated. We just got lucky as tastes sure do change from year to year! It was a pleasure to meet you and we really enjoyed your company! We’ll be back next year but let’s keep in touch in the mean time. My email is JPrusinows@gmail.com. Hope to bring my better half next year as she was a bit under the weather this year. I think she was the smart one as it was one hot son of a gun! You have a beautiful car, and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do to it over the course of the next year (is there anything left! LOL).

Thanks again,

Jeff

Got it Jeff! Yes, Let's hope it's a little cooler! Will stay in touch, enjoy the rest of your summer

Jeff, I know this is late, but here's mine. Were you at Carlisle, the Tent ? Without the name tags, not sure who I was talking with ?
0711231847.jpg

Jeff, I know this is late, but here's mine. Were you at Carlisle, the Tent ? Without the name tags, not sure who I was talking with ?
View attachment 1496333
Very nice!!! Love it! Do you have photos of the front shields as well?

I was at Carlisle, didn't make it to the tent and I'm damn sure I didn't make it through the whole swap meet area! They need to add a day as this thing just keeps getting bigger and bigger!

Some photos from the show.

IMG-4217[1].jpg

IMG-4219[1].jpg

IMG-4220[1].jpg

IMG-4222[1].jpg

IMG-4243.jpg

Congrats on those Awards, your car looked Awesome ! I stopped there, didn't know that was yours ? I would have liked to chat for a bit !!!
0722231548a.jpg
0722231547a.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back