• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Apr

Spring Fling 35 Apr 15&16, 2023 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

autoxcuda

Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
autoxcuda added a new event:

Spring Fling 35 Apr 15&16, 2023 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

Spring Fling 35 dates: April 15 & 16, 2023

Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

Info:
www.cpwclub.com

Shop for parts, works in progress welcome, bring out your Mopar: garage queen, daily driver, show car.

Special 35th Anniversary show display: Wing / Aero Cars. Largest gathering of Superbird, Daytona, and Charger 500's in West Coast. Over 23 car committed so far (January)

500+ Mopars, 175+ swappers, Fri: Mopar Malibu Cruise, Sat...

Read more about this event...

Spring Fling 35 dates: April 15 & 16, 2023

Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

Info:
www.cpwclub.com

Shop for parts, works in progress welcome, bring out your Mopar: garage queen, daily driver, show car.

Special 35th Anniversary show display: Wing / Aero Cars. Largest gathering of Superbird, Daytona, and Charger 500's in West Coast. Over 23 car committed so far (January)

500+ Mopars, 175+ swappers, Fri: Mopar Malibu Cruise, Sat: Mopar Cruise-In, Thurs: Track day at Willow Springs

Show Flyer attached to this Email. Online registration posted shortly

Host Hotel: Airtel Plaza - 1-800-2-AIRTEL $139/night, $8/night car parking, $20/night trailer parking. Trailer space is limited. Please take advantage of Early at the Show Trailer parking for $30/(both Fri & Sat) Discount Code: “Spring Fling Car Show" Hotel Link: https://be.synxis.com/?chain=5173&hotel=59860&group=C041423&arrive=2023-04-13

Show car trailer parking Friday and Saturday, $30 both nights. Overnight security provided. Leave your trailer and car at the park. Then re-enter with your tow vehicle the next morning with your show placard. Feel free to contact us with any questions: [email protected]

Schedule of Events:

Thursday:
  • Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs Raceway. Mopars old and new on the track. Contact alltimeracing.com for track racing registration. $10 spectator fee
Friday:
  • Spring Fling Malibu Cruise -9am leaving from Woodley Park. Ending in Malibu lunch at Dukes Restaurant on beach.
  • 2pm Midway setup
  • 2pm Early swap setup
  • All makes famous Bobs Big Boy Burbank Cruise In 3pm-10pm
SATURDAY:
  • 7am Spring Fling show and swap
  • Show Field: No judging, open parking
  • Manufacturers Midway
  • Special Wing Car display
  • Food vendors for breakfast and lunch
  • 4pm Spring Fling all Mopar Cruise In
SUNDAY:
  • 7am Spring Fling show and swap
  • Show Field: Judging provided (not mandatory), class parking
  • Manufacturers Midway
  • Special Wing Car display
  • Food vendors for breakfast and lunch
  • 2pm Trophy Presentation

SF23 DC Ad Media Annoucement V1.jpg

Wing Cars Clip 3 x 5 Banner V1.jpg

SF22 Malibu Cruise Title.jpg

21-cpw-malibu-cruise-2015-spring-fling-beach-stop.jpg

IMG_6674.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

SF22 DaveP Sm147.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

SF22 DaveP Sm159.JPG

IMG_5985.JPG

Last edited:
AirTel. Anyone close enough to roll by and be sure that the campers with blue tarp roofs are all gone and renovations complete?

E5089BC9-A846-4CEA-BBDA-738B886E3EA1.jpeg

Another club member went by a couple weeks ago. I'll double check with him.

Maybe this weekend I'll drive out that way and give report.

I spent 36 years in construction. 99% of that time was working outdoors in sun, rain, wind and smoke from fires. To add, in exactly none of those years, I had indoor toilets. I only had a porta potty.
As a result, I have a fairly high tolerance for dirty conditions. I always showered and started new that evening.
If I understand it right, the rooms were occupied by homeless people for awhile, then the hotel was cleaned and refurbished afterwards.
I'd have no problem staying there.
The Best Western was a decent place. I have no complaints about it. I do have a lot of great memories of my times in the Air Tel parking lot.
See how many FBBO members are seen in these photos:
IMG_3026.JPG
IMG_3027.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3035.JPG

Hey look! Axle Rose made it to the show in 2016

IMG_3032.JPG

He was there a couple years later too.

Fat Axl 2.jpg

Online registration is active now:
Chrysler Performance West - Mopar Spring Fling & Fall Fling

Host Hotel: Airtel Plaza - 1-800-2-AIRTEL $139/night, $8/night car parking, $20/night trailer, Code: “Spring Fling Car Show" https://be.synxis.com/?chain=5173&hotel=59860&group=C041423&arrive=2023-04-13

Show car trailer parking Friday and Saturday, $30 both nights. Overnight security provided. Leave your trailer and car at the park. Then re-enter with your tow vehicle the next morning with your show placard. Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Here's a link to the Spring Fling Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.cpwclub.com/documents/SF23FAQs.pdf

Online registration is active now:
Chrysler Performance West - Mopar Spring Fling & Fall Fling

Host Hotel: Airtel Plaza - 1-800-2-AIRTEL $139/night, $8/night car parking, $20/night trailer, Code: “Spring Fling Car Show" https://be.synxis.com/?chain=5173&hotel=59860&group=C041423&arrive=2023-04-13

Show car trailer parking Friday and Saturday, $30 both nights. Overnight security provided. Leave your trailer and car at the park. Then re-enter with your tow vehicle the next morning with your show placard. Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Here's a link to the Spring Fling Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.cpwclub.com/documents/SF23FAQs.pdf
Thanks for posting this information! It’s been a few years since I’ve been able to make it down, but I’m hoping to make it this year. Great event and I appreciate all the work and effort that Chrysler Performance West puts into making this happen year after year.

Let’s hope the Airtel has been completely cleaned up now that Project Room Key ended and the homeless and addicts were given move out dates. Last I read from online travelers’ reviews the hotel was receiving a much needed refresh including paint, new carpet etc. I am hopeful the Airtel is no longer something that resembles a house of horrors so that I can bring my young son or even my entire family.

It had been such a great spot with the secure parking lot and the friendships that made hanging out at night watching the planes land while swapping Mopar stories and jokes. It also had an awesome breakfast buffet and staff including security and Airport Police patrolling the surrounding area. Maybe a someone who is local to Van Nuys can scout it out? Thanks in advance and I hope to connect with others here.

Spoke with Steve (CPW). He scoped and checked the AirTel and says all is well. A portion of the lot is being leased to rental car or some such and parking overall may be somewhat reduced. This could just be temporary though. He recommends trailers be left at Woodley Park Show area where they will be secure.

This year will be my first time. Looking forward to it.

Spoke with Steve (CPW). He scoped and checked the AirTel and says all is well. A portion of the lot is being leased to rental car or some such and parking overall may be somewhat reduced. This could just be temporary though. He recommends trailers be left at Woodley Park Show area where they will be secure.
Great! Thanks for the update Dennis. Hopefully they still require key cards to access the parking lot. It was gated which was one of the best features. Looking forward to attending and meeting folks from here. I’ll likely head down the backroads from Northern Nevada or thru greater Sacramento to I-5. Will depend on weather.

Great! Thanks for the update Dennis. Hopefully they still require key cards to access the parking lot. It was gated which was one of the best features. Looking forward to attending and meeting folks from here. I’ll likely head down the backroads from Northern Nevada or thru greater Sacramento to I-5. Will depend on weather.

when I went a few weeks ago it didn’t require key cards. But the whole place had high security fencing. They had a pile of old bed frames and a stack of excess new rolled carpet.

Rooms have all new: carpet, paint, bedding, decorations, everything. Halls were all re-carpeted too.

Someone checked a few days ago and they said no trailer parking left. So they were just going to take advantage of our early trailer parking. It's cheaper anyways.

When you leave your trailer at park starting 2pm on Friday, you will get a dash placard to re-enter on Sat and Sun morning. Just go into the quick show car only line (even with your towing vehicle). Then just drive around in front or behind your trailer spot. Make sure not block any other trailers.

We have paid security overnight. And there will be early setup swappers and midway there overnight.

CDDA76CE-6F7E-44E5-9008-7FA7087ACF63.jpeg

43659D5A-838B-4756-9C12-E752E7057410.jpeg

13E3A176-1868-4AB1-B43D-98FF9BB24A44.jpeg

E5EB9845-CF63-4DB0-8A76-6AFE07F386D6.jpeg

B1C9D294-2E95-4CFB-9D6D-832701A169A3.jpeg

Last edited:
Is the rate not avail for more than 1 nite.
Im trying the online thing, Ck in thursday nite, ck out sunday morning MAYBE as late monday morning and it will not let me book more than 1 night

Edit, nevermind. I had to delete the 1st reservation I had, then go back and reserve multiple nites .
Got it figured out

Is the rate not avail for more than 1 nite.
Im trying the online thing, Ck in thursday nite, ck out sunday morning MAYBE as late monday morning and it will not let me book more than 1 night

Edit, nevermind. I had to delete the 1st reservation I had, then go back and reserve multiple nites .
Got it figured out

Should be Thursday to Sunday nights blocked. 4 room night stays available at that rate

Should be Thursday to Sunday nights blocked. 4 room night stays available at that rate
Thanks, a couple friends and I are looking into making the trip from southern AZ ,,,,. Once dialed in I will make room reservations

I've left a message for them to call back so we can add more rooms to our block at the Airtel.

Just checked. This is what it shows at rooms left in our block as of 3/7/23 5:15pm PST:

1678238364852.png

Auto Transport Service
Back