• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Apr

Spring Fling 35 Apr 15&16, 2023 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

Welp..bummed. Won't be able to make it down for Spring due to some work project schedules changing (previous equipment 'delays' have screwed things up for us pretty good this past year. I know...a topic for that 'other' forum LOL!!) so I'll miss being there and seeing everyone.

On a brighter note I may actually get my GVOD and EFI system installed in time to drive Ratellite down for the Fall. Maybe...if not it can cruise down on the big carb and 3.73s, I can take it!
And hey @Dennis H or @Kern Dog didn't one of you snap a couple of pics of us knuckleheads hanging out last year? Post 'em up! My wife suspects I was really in Vegas that day...hahahha:D

Ask and YE shall receive...

IMG_E3499 (4).JPG

Left to right:

Young Fox, Mark Fox, Dennis, Me, Lloyd.

Axl Rose stunt double:

IMG_3394.JPEG

Rich/CoronetDarter, me, John.

IMG_9313.JPG

IMG_9300.JPG
IMG_9302.JPG
IMG_9296.JPG
IMG_9297.JPG
IMG_9330.JPG

There we are! We made that place look good:)
Thanks

I just checked with the host hotel The Airtel Plaza. We will be hitting our 2019 numbers and the hotel will be sold out that weekend. Most likely soon.

There are just 14 and 15 rooms left for Friday and Saturday in the whole hotel, not just in our block.

The Airtel will be filled up soon. So make reservations now.

Last edited:
Air Tel SOLD OUT!
I just tried to reserve and have never been shut down a month away from the show.

Yeah, I've been lazy in the past and waited until 2 weeks from the show to reserve a room but Here it is, 5 weeks out and they are all booked up?
That is a pisser.

Steve Wall worked some sort of magic....I called the hotel and have a reservation.
SKOR.JPG

Same here.
.called Jennifer direct and got our room.
Arrive Thursday afternoon ck out sunday.

@1969daytona is bringing his Hemi Superbird from Texas. 1st time at show.

He wants to know if there will be people hanging out in the parking lot with tasty beverages? :drinks::drinks::drinks:

What say you @Kern Dog , @Dennis H , others.... ???

What can you tell him?

I don't drink beer but I do like chatting it up in the parking lot.

If there are cold ones in the parking lot Im sure I can be persuaded ( easily I might add ) to put a few down shooting the crap about pretty much anything cars related

Bill

ps, Just registered the car and for truck/trailer parking at the grounds.

I plan to be there Thursday afternoon.
I want to do the cruise on Friday

Last edited:
IMG_3498.JPG
IMG_3027.JPG

This guy, Glen, (On the left, no hat) came from Australia:

DSCN1184.JPG

Noted Mopar Guru Scott Smith, carburetor whiz and all around master....

DSCN1191.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

2018 or 2019 with the Canadians in the background:

SF 19 A.JPG

that's my blue Satellite with hood up that you guys are standing in front of in the first Malibu Cruise parking lot photo from 2018, the most recent of 4 Spring Flings I've attended :)
That 2018 Airtel parking lot photo is the last time I got to see Sandy from Newfoundland (they make the trip EVERY year). As some of you know, Sandy died suddenly in late 2022. He will be HUGELY missed. What a wonderful guy. I can see his beard with beer in hand peeking out behind you Kern.

If there are cold ones in the parking lot Im sure I can be persuaded ( easily I might add ) to put a few down shooting the crap about pretty much anything cars related

Bill

ps, Just registered the car and for truck/trailer parking at the grounds.

I plan to be there Thursday afternoon.
I want to do the cruise on Friday

Got it… thanks !

Booked last night using the Airtel / group code link posted earlier in this thread. A little tricky, because by default the link books you for one night Thurs.-Fri.

You have to choose add room and enter the dates you want. Then you will see 2 rooms on your bill when you go to pay. Simply delete the one night Thurs-Fri room and it will keep the room with the dates that you chose on your bill. A little confusing but totally do-able.

I tried several different ways online and this was the only way I could get the group code to stick and also choose the dates I wanted. The rooms are running low and only single king bed rooms are available. All the rooms with 2 beds are gone.

Looking forward to a good time and meeting some of you. I may drive a 68 or 69 RR down depending on weather and how much time I can take off from work. Anyone else driving an old car down from either Northern California or Northern Nevada?

Auto Transport Service
Back