• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Squirrel fishing

Older guy I work with catches them in a live trap, paints them in various bright colors(orange, pink etc.) then lets them go, and all his neighbors can talk about is “have you seen those damn colored squirrels?”
:rofl:

My older brother claimed he had an albino squirrel on his property, pure white. I was talking with a couple of county road workers a couple of days later and they knew where I lived. They made a comment about a squirrel along the road in front of my brothers house that got caught up in their line painter. They said it got caught up in the sprayer and went round and round until it finally took off up to my brothers place dripping wet with white paint! Sorry, I had to break the news to my brother. :)

I had a backyard neighbor years ago who vowed to get rid of the squirrels in his yard. He did use live traps - called it his free peanut snack and ride to the countryside program. He kept it up for months and probably hauled dozens off. He finally told me one day he figured it was a lost cause. As soon as he removed one squirrel another would move right in to take its place.

Older guy I work with catches them in a live trap, paints them in various bright colors(orange, pink etc.) then lets them go, and all his neighbors can talk about is “have you seen those damn colored squirrels?”
:rofl:
I read that while drinking coffee.
Damn man.

My older brother claimed he had an albino squirrel on his property, pure white. I was talking with a couple of county road workers a couple of days later and they knew where I lived. They made a comment about a squirrel along the road in front of my brothers house that got caught up in their line painter. They said it got caught up in the sprayer and went round and round until it finally took off up to my brothers place dripping wet with white paint! Sorry, I had to break the news to my brother. :)
Oh there are albino squirrels - used to see one or two around the old family homestead. Once here too. They make for an interesting site.

I did used to think they were cute and all. I didn't mind them chewing the hell out of the old shed. Never bothered me one bit. Then after they made mince meat out of the heater box insulation. The war was on. Had to take the whole dash out to repair the damage. 22 cal pellet gun/rat traps/ antifreeze and bucket traps. My body count is mounting. Like I said earlier, I might get 50-75 per year. I forgot to mention, I have a huge chestnut tree in my back yard. Certainly doesn't help the situation.

No paint, not albino. This State Park in Florida panhandle also has some white deer as well.

IMG_3346.jpeg

IMG_3347.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to cat fish.
We had at that time five rescue cats. I used to tie a tennis ball on a fishing leader and sit on the front deck and cast the tennis ball into the front yard. The cats would chase it and I would play them just like a fish. Did that for a couple of summers. The neighbours thought it was the funniest thing ever and cars used to stop and watch.
Good times.

Well yesterday we had our 1st contestant . I will just post a couple stills, out of 5 min of video the whole thing was pretty boring.
Had a little tug o war with the rascal then he took off with a piece.
My skills of running the camera and fish pole at the same time suck.
Going to have to get my wife back in the game.
Screenshot_20240102_091723_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240102_091823_Gallery.jpg

Tree Rats love Mopars too!

They loved my Ram 5 times so far. Here's some of their handiwork......

View attachment 1582830

They loved my Renegade once.........

View attachment 1582843

They made a nest under my Ram air filter element and had 4 more rats.............

View attachment 1582849

Pulled them out of the air cleaner and put them in a planter basket on the curb. Hours later the mother picked all four out an took them down the block.
She came back a 5th time to make sure she didn't leave any .............

View attachment 1582856
they sure do , lil buggers at my fuel supply hose on top of engine! mann , plastic and gasoline! had hard time finding one . (97 1500)

they sure do.....................

The last attack on my '05 Ram was last July. EVAP leak. Ended up making a smoke tester....

1704331045141.png

1704331094879.png

Found this between the bed and cab..................

1704331141970.png

1704331187357.png

Before that it was the fuel line ............

1704332629663.png

@khryslerkid, stop spreading crushed walnuts on your patio, unless you like the show. :lol:

"DON'T MESS WITH MY COUSINS!!"

20230903_075558.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back