• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SSBC Booster/Master Cyliner setup

rocky61201

Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
I'm converting my 71 Charger to power front disc brakes and I'm wondering if anybody has used the setup in the picture below. It seems the majority of the conversion kits on the market use the setup with the large offset bracket and uses an L shaped arm on a pivot that connects the booster rod with the brake pedal. I'm not really a fan of this setup and looking at the picture below it has a smaller offset bracket that appears to bring the booster directly in line with the pedal arm and does away with the L shaped arm alltogether plus it has a longer pedal rod extension that connects directly to the pedal arm as it should. I found it on JEGs and Summit and its part # A28144. Anybody used this before? Got any installed pics???

884-A28144.gif

Ditch the brackets, enlarge the mounting holes on the firewall, bolt to firewall, connect pedal rod, connect brake lines, bleed said lines, have fun. Check out the pic.

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic 004.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I was actually in the middle of making a template to scribe the holes. Just wanted to explore all options before I pulled the trigger.

Auto Transport Service
Back