• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stainless

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
judging from what yall are paying to have someone polish up your stainless .. il be doing my own. LOL. any tips on saving the grill that has been sand blasted by the TX wind on my 62??

is it stainless or anodized aluminum?
im guessing stainless .. everything else but the headlight surounds is. it was a pain to unbend one of the slats in it.

im guessing stainless .. everything else but the headlight surounds is. it was a pain to unbend one of the slats in it.

It's all aluminum on the grill and inner headlight surrounds. Outer are chrome plated pot metal. Hood trim and grill surounds are stainless.

Last edited:
It's all aluminum on the grill and inner headlight surrounds. Outer are chrome plated pot metal. Hood trim is stainless.
ya .. i went out and hit a spot with some fine paper and it clogged it. still seems to be a lot of meat left to work with.

You can see the anodize missing in a spot on the grill. It can be cleaned with mild rubbing compound like white but too much rubbing you'll wear through. Some remove the anodize with lye and polish the bare aluminum or re anodize it.
20171109_102104.jpg

Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' Taking Up New Residence

once the anodize gets cloudy, there isn't much you can do with it

its well past just white rubbing compound. going to take some fine wet paper and elbow grease. il polish it up and clear it.
don't think il get the door thing done before snow fly's. il spend the winter snowed in dealing with all that trim. ..lol

Auto Transport Service
Back