• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stamps.com / USPS - bogus CC charges

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
Keep an eye on your cards, folks. I have a biz visa that NEVER leaves my wallet. Ever. And if the wallet isn't in my pocket, it's at home in the safe (mainly so I don't forget it when I leave for work in the morning; I'm in the safe for my EDC anyway, so I keep keys and wallet in there too).

Somehow, I logged into my online banking today to do other stuff and saw I have a bill due on that card. I never use it these days; it's for business expenses, of which I haven't had any lately (no broken sound gear; no rental apartments needing repair). I look at the statement - $10 to USPS (online charge), and $88 to stamps.com (online charge). Same day (a Thursday; posted on a Friday). I was at work Thursday, and went home after; worked Friday morning then did a gig Friday night.

Card cancelled, dispute filed.

All other account info and statements checked, all are legit (for now).

No idea how that info got "out", but it's ALL at risk these days folks. Keep a close eye!

Auto Transport Service
Back