• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter chatter when the engine warms up

Call me wrong lol....sounds like you better pull the safety switch and check the comb inside for cracks too....I'm sure you already know to not bypass such an important feature.....
The transmission is a new rebuild by a very competent mopar trans guy. The switch is new. Buy, yeah, wire first then switch...

HI the NSS is working its sending the signal to the solenoid the NSS ether works or it don't it won't send a jumping signal.. ether the solenoid is not getting enough power to fully engage from the battery or the solenoid is bad.. all ends must be shiny clean to make good contact.. and the battery needs full power.. it takes a lot of power to turn a starter..

good luck take care be safe
tim

HI the NSS is working its sending the signal to the solenoid the NSS ether works or it don't it won't send a jumping signal.. ether the solenoid is not getting enough power to fully engage from the battery or the solenoid is bad.. all ends must be shiny clean to make good contact.. and the battery needs full power.. it takes a lot of power to turn a starter..

good luck take care be safe
tim
Not true. A NSS can have issues. Its obvious at this point his battery and cables are good. He did a simple bypass of the ground circuit and the relay works. The high resistance on the ground can cause the relay to chatter. The relay needs good keyed power and switched ground to fully energize. As said its either the wire, connection on either end, NSS, or something with the internal comb.

That was it guys, with a new wire from the neutral switch to the starter relay, my problem is solved, thanks all for the suggestions.

Any possibility that wire was your load to ground and got really fried when this phenomenon was occurring???

Auto Transport Service
Back