• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting engine without k frame?

That's a nice set-up he has. On wheels to move around and everything. :thumbsup:

TRUE STORY HERE. ONCE WE HAD A USED TO BE WELL KNOWN MACHINIST, (THAT ENDED UP WORKING FOR THE ------- BROTHERS OUT OF TEXAS), REBALANCE THE HEMI DUE TO A LOST THRUST BEARING/CRANK. WHEN WE WALKED IN , HE HAD HIS VERY FAST CAMARO ENGINE ON AN ENGINE STAND, RADIATOR PROPPED UP IN A CHAIR, GAS LINE RUNNING TO A 5 GAL. CAN HUNG FROM THE CEILING. WE WATCHED AS HE JACKED IT UP A COUPLE OF TIMES TO OVER 8000, WE WERE USED TO THE HEMI`S TORQUE AND BACKED UP CLEAR INTO THE NEXT ROOM. nothing happened , the sbc didn`t have enough torque to do anything but twist the stand a little. We were sure it was going to be a disaster ! That Camaro was really fast too ! He was welding up bbc cranks to make strokers before they became popular. He`s now diseased, won`t call his name for respect.

TRUE STORY HERE. ONCE WE HAD A USED TO BE WELL KNOWN MACHINIST, (THAT ENDED UP WORKING FOR THE ------- BROTHERS OUT OF TEXAS), REBALANCE THE HEMI DUE TO A LOST THRUST BEARING/CRANK. WHEN WE WALKED IN , HE HAD HIS VERY FAST CAMARO ENGINE ON AN ENGINE STAND, RADIATOR PROPPED UP IN A CHAIR, GAS LINE RUNNING TO A 5 GAL. CAN HUNG FROM THE CEILING. WE WATCHED AS HE JACKED IT UP A COUPLE OF TIMES TO OVER 8000, WE WERE USED TO THE HEMI`S TORQUE AND BACKED UP CLEAR INTO THE NEXT ROOM. nothing happened , the sbc didn`t have enough torque to do anything but twist the stand a little. We were sure it was going to be a disaster ! That Camaro was really fast too ! He was welding up bbc cranks to make strokers before they became popular. He`s now diseased, won`t call his name for respect.

Nabor's

GAS LINE RUNNING TO A 5 GAL.
Wassa wrong wit dat??? :lol:

upload_2018-5-24_7-16-56.png

I saw a car going down the road once with the hood up. The driver was hanging out the window to see where he was going. His partner was sitting on the fender feeding the carb with gas from a cup.

I saw a car going down the road once with the hood up. The driver was hanging out the window to see where he was going. His partner was sitting on the fender feeding the carb with gas from a cup.
Disclaimer...When I was a teenager my fuel line started leaking in my 71 RoadRunner. So I rigged a coffee can full of gas to the pick up line from the pump and made it home.

You can do anything once!

You could start it on stands no problem. Just make sure the engine is firmly strapped down so it cant twist. Strap it to the jacks and strap it to the body. Please take a video.

This is me starting a 440 engine on jack stands strapped to a pallet.

Auto Transport Service
Back