• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Station wagon frame connectors 65 Belvedere

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking to stiffen up the chassis on my 65 Belvedere wagon. Is there a big difference in the dimensions from 2 door to 4 door wagons? Just wondering how much mods would be needed.

It isn't a drag car. I plan on doing a lot of towing and hauling with it plus it's my nice weather daily driver.

1654040803780.png

I think you'll need to build some frame connectors, but I don't think that's a big deal

I'm looking to stiffen up the chassis on my 65 Belvedere wagon. Is there a big difference in the dimensions from 2 door to 4 door wagons? Just wondering how much mods would be needed.

It isn't a drag car. I plan on doing a lot of towing and hauling with it plus it's my nice weather daily driver.

View attachment 1374379
How does the wheelbase compare with a 2 door? It looks like all the 65 Belvedere's had 116" wheelbase so sedan or coupe frame ties should work.

I had U.S. Car Tool frame connectors installed on my 1964 Polara, with 119" W.B. They are contoured to match the floor pans, since they weld to the floor and front and rear subframes. All '62 - '65 Plymouth B-bodies were 116" W.B., regardless of body style, ( as well as '62 - '65 Dodge B-body wagons ), so they would have bars for these cars as well. I got mine from Mancini's for about $200.00.

IMG_20191030_160205_resized_20191030_055655633.jpg

Since my floor had stress cracks and some other issues, I did 2x4 .120 wall rectangle. I ran them long and sleeved them into both the from and rear frame rails. Slit the rails, pulled the sides in with clamps/vice grips, rosette welded them plus at any seams/laps. Also made frames for the Procar seats to sit on instead of relying on sheetmetal. The floor will get filled in after I make up the new tunnel.

IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

I had U.S. Car Tool frame connectors installed on my 1964 Polara, with 119" W.B. They are contoured to match the floor pans, since they weld to the floor and front and rear subframes. All '62 - '65 Plymouth B-bodies were 116" W.B., regardless of body style, ( as well as '62 - '65 Dodge B-body wagons ), so they would have bars for these cars as well. I got mine from Mancini's for about $200.00.

View attachment 1374473
Ok so no mods for the different body styles. That makes it easier. Thanks.

Something to plan for. Since you need to remove the seats, carpet etc its a good time for carpet replacement/seat redo etc.

Something to plan for. Since you need to remove the seats, carpet etc its a good time for carpet replacement/seat redo etc.
I only have the front seat with the rubber floor mats. I use it as a sedan delivery so the back is empty for hauling stuff.

I put 2x2 ties on my '64 Savoy wagon; didn't have to cut the floor and they ran tight to the rear footwell.
No vibration or rattling.
Made a T for the front, welded to the t-bar crossmember.
Opened the beveled part of rear rails, slid the ties in, plug welded and welded sides & bottom.
Really stiffened the car.

The extension to the rear of my units is so I have a nice solid tie in for the spring relocation thats coming soon.

Ok frame connectors are ordered. Thank you for all the input.

Auto Transport Service
Back