• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel wheels

Black63

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I've been looking for some 9" dog dish cap 15" steel wheels to run on my 330 and figured I was looking for something from a fairly old car.
Mentioned it to my Boss and he told me he had some Dodge wheels kicking around.
Turns out that 2 are exactly what I wanted BUT seem to be later model than i thought!
They appear to be 6 1/2" wide (tires still on) and have larger openings for brake cooling...plus only 3 cap nubs.
The old rusty pair I have use 4 nubs and small openings.

Anyway...I'd like to know what they came on or what year range at least so I'll have some idea what I'm looking for to complete a set of 4.
BTW, they have a Pentstar marking so definately Mopar.

The other set are cool in their own right and are 7" wide.
Are they Mopar too??? Supposedly they all came from a local Mopar enthusiast who's a friend of my Boss.

Sorry about the damp pics...rain just has no respect! :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 270
Soooo...nobody has any idea...or are these so common I'm an idiot? :D:D

My only defence is that I'm totally new to Mopar! LOL :)

I'm gonna take one over to the local scrapyard tomorrow and see if he has any like it.
They have a load of wheels removed from cars that were crushed so I'm hopeful...but I WAS hoping to ID the original vehicles so I could place an ad in the local classified site.
Had a lot of luck finding stuff that way and who knows...might find a 440 in the donor vehicle or something!

Its hard to tell for sure, but the first wheel defientely looks like a standard steel wheel you can find on any mopar. If it is 15" I would look at the M'bodies like the diplomat and the fifth Avenue.

The second picture you showed, I have NO earthly idea...never seen those before.

Is there a part #-with a penstar logo? Would be easier to narrow it down-

Hmmm...didn't even think of looking for a part number! (smack to forehead...)
Didn't notice anything but the pentstar, but then again thats all I was really looking for.

Would ALL Mopar 15" wheels of that style take a 9" cap?
I was lead to believe I needed to find wheels fron the early 70's back, but these appear newer.
Man, I HOPE they're as easy to find as I'm beginning to think they might be! :D

Thanks guys...and I'll have a look for a part number ASAP.

Often times the part number is on the inside of the rim and the tire has to be removed to find it.

Auto Transport Service
Back