• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering box

Steven73SE

Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
So I saw a few threads on this but none provided any useful information. I'm rebuilding the steering box in my 73 charger project. I know you can buy them at most parts stores and can have them rebuilt and upgraded through firm feel or steer and gear but I want to rebuild it myself. The only thing I can't figure out is how to remove selector shaft and worm gear cap nuts. It looks like some kind of spanner wrench but I've yet to find one quite like that. I've got pictures on my laptop I'll have to post them when I get to it.

talk to dick at firm feel, real nice guy, he can probably answer your questions the best

There are a couple of spanner tools listed in the service manual as yes, the selector shaft and main worm shaft assemblies are held in place with spanner nuts.

20160420_005325.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back