• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Question

RT6PK

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
I want to put an original steering wheel in my Coronet. How do I get the little Dodge emblem out of the center of the horn button without breaking it?

ATT00027.jpg ATT00016.jpg

There is a small tab, about an 1/8th inch wide that sticks out from the edge. Use a small flat screwdiver or a pic& gently push the vinyl back to look for it. Mine was at about 1:00. Find that, then you can gently pry it out.

The center emblem has to be pried out just use a small plastic pry tool to prevent any damage to the emblem or horn pad. Also use a little dish soap to lube it and heat it up with a hair dyer and take your time.

Every toolbox should have a set of jewellers screwdrivers for tasks such as this.

All good advice above. That looks like an original steering wheel to me.... but I'm no steering wheel expert. What wheel do you plan to replace it with?

All good advice above. That looks like an original steering wheel to me.... but I'm no steering wheel expert. What wheel do you plan to replace it with?

I believe he wants to use that steering wheel and want to replace the Plymouth logo with a Road Runner one

Actually, this one is going in. The car has an aftermarket wheel in it now.

The retaining tab you have will be at 3 o clock on a fratzog center.

The tab is for clocking the insert correctly there’s a groove the full radius of the pad that retains it.

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to tackle it tonight after work.

Auto Transport Service
Back