• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Wrap

Dajkzo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Inspired by the pictures of 1960's NASCAR wheels with a huge amount of electrical tape, I put a faux leather wrap on my 1970 RR.
Driving on twisting backroads I needed a better grip. The "Superior Truckline" fits, however that thin plastic rim needs some padding. I used 3/16ths adhesive foam weatherstrip and then the wrap. Excellent grip,no slippage, so I'm heading out for a test drive. Hopefully our local Cops are busy over near the beach with all the tourists LOL.

IMG_1036.jpeg

'Round here they are still available at the Auto Zone stores. I run 'm on my old cars. After driving late models the old car steering wheels feel as thin as shoe strings.

OK, I'm back in one piece. Much better. The extra foam makes the rim feel like a modern wheel. The "Truckline" fits the 16" wheel.
Found myself cruising the back roads with a couple of guys on Harleys who actually knew how to corner.

Auto Transport Service
Back