• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stick on trim removal procedures

Thank you, that's an interesting story. I don't think there is anything on the planet that doesn't cause cancer according to the state of California! I got the front bug shields off with a combination heat gun and some old wax string that I had from the days of yesteryear when we actually made things in this country. The waxed floss broke way too easily. Now the residual (sticky tape) is still there. The body supply shops close way too early on Saturday,(bankers hours), "Like Real people". I stopped at a local hardware store on my way to work, where I am now, and I got a can of Goof-Off. The bed rail covers are still on and they are going to be a bitch. It appears that they are glued down with Gorilla Glue, probably not but the string wasn't working very well. I ran out of time anyway but at least I am knocking on the door. The goof-off is a spray can so I can spray up and under the rail covers. I will give it another go tomorrow. Thank You to all you folks for the suggestions. I think we covered all the bases except one; "Let someone else do the work for me!" LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back