• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stiffening plates

Wow this is pretty good I was just asking when they would have more. It's not that I can't make them or go someplace else. The plates I'm not in a big hurry about as I'm doing body work. My kid wanted to get involved so I told her to find them and then we could move onto something else. But thanks for all the input I'll flip a coin on which way I'll go with the plates.
Just disregard all the ******** on here and do it your way. Seems like there is always someone on here ready to beat a guy down because they don't agree with the way he is doing things or asks a question they don't like.

I don't think it's a beat down. In most cases the thoughts and ideas are what makes this forum so great. I respect all input good or bad. So like I said was trying to get my kid involved. Building them or buying them is a toss up for me. But to get my kid involved to show her that building a car can be great fun is something even better. I just want her know what to do and places to go for parts. As one day I'll be gone and it will be her car to do whatever she wants to do with it. As for the group the talent that is here stands way above most in the hobby. Kd is correct make them and move on to something else or like threewood said another vendor has them for sale. Many choices and I can pick which way I go. I thank everyone for the inputs and ideas. Still going to flip a coin which way I'll go. But I put the kid on a mission to find some other stuff and she is having fun digging in an learning something.

With my four favorite tools I can make anything
1. Grinder
2. Ball peen hammer
3. Vise grips.
4. Tree stump!
5. For shits sake gas tourch
Die grinder one of my favorites

Wow this is pretty good I was just asking when they would have more. It's not that I can't make them or go someplace else. The plates I'm not in a big hurry about as I'm doing body work. My kid wanted to get involved so I told her to find them and then we could move onto something else. But thanks for all the input I'll flip a coin on which way I'll go with the plates.
Was not referring to you. You are good to go. I was referring to someone else.

Sorry Boss, spending the time to fabricate a part that is very simple and is relatively easy to obtain is not what I call working on my car. Welding them on is another story.
******* supply chain horseshit is causing more problems than any of us ever imagined.

Imagine that.. If you had skills to make them then you would have them and not bitching about supply chains.

I don't think it's a beat down. In most cases the thoughts and ideas are what makes this forum so great. I respect all input good or bad. So like I said was trying to get my kid involved. Building them or buying them is a toss up for me. But to get my kid involved to show her that building a car can be great fun is something even better. I just want her know what to do and places to go for parts. As one day I'll be gone and it will be her car to do whatever she wants to do with it. As for the group the talent that is here stands way above most in the hobby. Kd is correct make them and move on to something else or like threewood said another vendor has them for sale. Many choices and I can pick which way I go. I thank everyone for the inputs and ideas. Still going to flip a coin which way I'll go. But I put the kid on a mission to find some other stuff and she is having fun digging in an learning something.
That is awesome. Can you imagine the pride she would have hand making an item with a purpose? Imagine how proud she would be making something out of nothing. You would also give her another skill outside of the norm. Craftsmanship is something we are losing over time. Why not pass on fabrication skills to a new generation?

Thank you it's awesome to be able to show her different ways of doing this hobby. My granddaughter who is only 7 yes old goes to local car show with me and always ask me when is our hot rod going to be as shining as these cars. I have to laugh and tell her as soon as you paint it. It's a great to have a little time in this busy world to spend time with them and teach passion at a level they don't even understand. Have a great day

Thank you it's awesome to be able to show her different ways of doing this hobby. My granddaughter who is only 7 yes old goes to local car show with me and always ask me when is our hot rod going to be as shining as these cars. I have to laugh and tell her as soon as you paint it. It's a great to have a little time in this busy world to spend time with them and teach passion at a level they don't even understand. Have a great day
Just remember. She is in the sponge years. She will soak up all of that information and probably won't even realize it. It's not until they get to around 12 to 16 that they start having their own opinions...

Barry ... I think I have a pair in my garage that I'm not going to use. If I can find them they are yours.

Barry ... I think I have a pair in my garage that I'm not going to use. If I can find them they are yours.
Thanks if you find them would be fine paying for them. See you at the hemi show.

No matter what, I'll be the guy that makes what I need while other guys sit around and wait.
Nah, not sit around and wait. Plenty of other tasks that need attention in a full build. Plenty of time to wait on FedEx for a simple part if you plan it right. Critical path project management is what I call it.

Last edited:
Imagine that.. If you had skills to make them then you would have them and not bitching about supply chains.
Like you have the first clue about my skills Beep. Project management obviously isn't one of yours.
These are kissed by Cudachick. The part is waiting on me to install. Not the other way around.

IMG_2476.JPG

Last edited:
Like you have the first clue about my skills Beep. Project management obviously isn't one of yours.
These are kissed by Cudachick. The part is waiting on me to install. Not the other way around.

View attachment 1247421
Lmao.. Ok so you paid money big deal... Good for you. Hurry up HERO and get them put in.. Never spoke about your skill level but apparently someone hit a nerve.. Good luck with your project. As far as project management what the **** does that have to so with anything. I have overseen plenty of projects in my 35 years of electrical work. So I do know project management. You are working on a car not a space shuttle. You must write down what you need to do next like the Roadkill guys on a piece of cardboard. I guess that's what you call project management.

Here is my project management 9 months start to finish. Never left my driveway besides getting painted. A lot of that time was finding parts getting them shipped and sorting out boxes of stuff I didn't remove from the car. Project management my ***..

IMG_0458 (1).jpg
IMG_0157.JPG

Last edited:
Looks pretty good.
Thanks Kern.
Firm Feel LCA Plates $30
Installation...time.
The Chick putting her superior touch on them....priceless. (Thanks Leanna)

Lmao.. Ok so you paid money big deal... Good for you. Hurry up HERO and get them put in.. Never spoke about your skill level but apparently someone hit a nerve.. Good luck with your project. As far as project management what the **** does that have to so with anything. I have overseen plenty of projects in my 35 years of electrical work. So I do know project management. You are working on a car not a space shuttle. You must write down what you need to do next like the Roadkill guys on a piece of cardboard. I guess that's what you call project management.

Here is my project management 9 months start to finish. Never left my driveway besides getting painted. A lot of that time was finding parts getting them shipped and sorting out boxes of stuff I didn't remove from the car. Project management my ***..

View attachment 1247465 View attachment 1247466

Hit a nerve? Over a $30 part? :lol:
I hope you don't **** like you build cars. Quick isn't the way I do it.

Key words Boss "besides getting painted". Hell that's 65% of the build. Why didn't you do that yourself?

I'll make you a deal scooter, next time I need some LCA stiffening plates I'll give you a call.
Next time you need a paint job, give me a call. Deal?

Christ I can't believe a pissing contest was started over a pair of LCA plates.

Last edited:
Thanks Kern.
Firm Feel LCA Plates $30
Installation (bonded, not migged or tigged) time.
The Chick putting her superior touch on them....priceless. (Thanks Leanna)

Hit a nerve? Over a $30 part? :lol:
I hope you don't **** like you build cars. Quick isn't the way I do it.

Key words Boss "besides getting painted". Hell that's 65% of the build. Why didn't you do that yourself?

I'll make you a deal scooter, next time I need some LCA stiffening plates I'll give you a call.
Next time you need a paint job, give me a call. Deal?

Christ I can't believe a pissing contest was started over a pair of LCA plates.
Not a painter never claimed to be that's why I posted it. Not going to claim something I did not do. But hey its ok you do you I will do what I do 65% of the build is a little overboard when 99% of the body prep was already done. All he did was spray it. But if that's what you think then ok.. No way in hell I would send a car to you for paint. Probably be like most other cars and be in paint jail until you decided to put it in your "project management" que. You win.. You are my hero :lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone here that has read my comments knows that I am a wise *** sometimes.....Other times I do try to help others.
My point was that these are fairly simple parts to make in your own garage with basic tools. If there were a situation where you are held up in your build and the parts will be delayed, why not make them yourself? I don't claim to be some master car builder....I muddle my way through many things on my cars rather than take it to a shop.
I see guys get on these forums to complain about how their parts are damaged, delayed or wrong. A lot of these problems are easily solved if you approach them with a calm demeanor.
One guy complained about a tiny chip in the powder coating of a tie rod adjusting sleeve before he even tried to contact the vendor.
Another one bitched about delays in a Classic Industries order due to trucker convoys.
The OP of this topic had an easily solvable problem.
There is a lot of satisfaction to be discovered by being self reliant. I love being knuckle deep in a project and being able to find the exact bolt, bracket or gasket in my shop or parts shed out back.

Auto Transport Service
Back