• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still looking for a decent used 18 spline...

Ok, MODS, why was this moved to another forum??

Ok, MODS, why was this moved to another forum??
In looking at the thread I think my fellow Mod did the right thing by moving it. The original post doesn't really read like a WTB - and the two pages of discussion that follows doesn't fit for a WTB either.

Last edited:
Ed, the pictures aren't close or sharp enough to see the condition of the synchro teeth on the gears, the sliders, hubs and the cluster. Some better up close pictures are needed, at least for these old eyes. I don't think I'd spend that kind of money on a transmission without being able to inspect it in person. Even then, I'd figure on replacing the bearings, seals and synchro rings before installing it....JMO.

Ed, the pictures aren't close or sharp enough to see the condition of the synchro teeth on the gears, the sliders, hubs and the cluster. Some better up close pictures are needed, at least for these old eyes. I don't think I'd spend that kind of money on a transmission without being able to inspect it in person. Even then, I'd figure on replacing the bearings, seals and synchro rings before installing it....JMO.
Yes sir, I tend to concur.
I wouldn't mind buying from a trusted member here on FBBO, but otherwise I'd need to lay hands/get a trusted expert on it.
I have a couple of those happening as we speak now locally, but still, I know neither of these people.
Hoping one of the leads here pan out!

Yes sir, I tend to concur.
I wouldn't mind buying from a trusted member here on FBBO, but otherwise I'd need to lay hands/get a trusted expert on it.
I have a couple of those happening as we speak now locally, but still, I know neither of these people.
Hoping one of the leads here pan out!

I'll keep good thoughts that you find what you're looking for...

I'll keep good thoughts that you find what you're looking for...
Thanky kindly as always, sir. :)
I'm currently having some conversations with a few kind folks who have what appear to be good used units
that would presumably need just the preventative re-gasketing and bearings replaced.
Prices are a bit of sticker shock but if that's the market, What can I say? Appears it will be only about a $500
difference between doing that and just getting in line at either of the big two vendors. Tough decision.
I'm quite used to shuffling money and dancing the dance to do this car on the funds I have, nothing new. :thumbsup:

If you need help from me driveline works is 15 mins up the road from me . I can get paypPa and bring it to him if needed I've bought alot from him very nice guy I've never had a problem with him I've spent over $12,000 at his shop brakes,trans,rears . Stuff for over seas friends I get the funds buy it drop off at the Port to a container stuff like that . He ecee let me use his shop when I blew my srt4's trans apart . He helped me rebuilt the trans since I have never touched a few unit , I reinstalled. Again he is super backed up I had another member contact me to go check on his 440 it was almost done when I checked for him . Pm me if you need me
Hello,
Are you still just up the street from Driveline Works? I have been patiently waiting for engine order I placed in Feb 2022 and cannot get him to respond to emails or answer phone.

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Steve

Auto Transport Service
Back