• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still no luck with the '69 Charger 383. Hasn't fired once.

Had this same occurrence happen some years ago on my 72 Challenger 340. Turned out to be a frayed wire on the alternator connection. It would make intermittent contact. Took a bit to troubleshoot. Good Luck.

I once opened up what appeared to be a good starter relay.......the only thing inside it was big flakes of rust

Anyone notice that he has not commented on this thread since the 8th? My guess is he got it figured out.

He was commenting on thread in the last hour. Curious minds would like to know.

He was commenting on thread in the last hour. Curious minds would like to know.

AAHHH NO.. SteveSS was the orginal poster of this thread and he hasn't posted since the 8th.....

after that seams like everyone is answering someone else's posting on this thread..?????
tim

AAHHH NO.. SteveSS was the orginal poster of this thread and he hasn't posted since the 8th.....

after that seams like everyone is answering someone else's posting on this thread..?????
tim
But he seems to have alot of time to post Useless information messages on here???

Good news for once. A guy who is supposed to be a wiring Mopar whiz is coming over tomorrow.

Good news for once. A guy who is supposed to be a wiring Mopar whiz is coming over tomorrow.

download (1).jpeg

Huh. As of post #50, he had a Mopar wiring whiz coming over, so I assumed it hadn't been fixed yet.
Yeh, but that was 2 threads ago. There is a 3rd one now.
Your not keeping up. :D

It was running great then started backfiring and losing power. Limped it home and can't get it to fire once. On advice from here, changed the points and condenser. Changed the coil. Changed the plugs. Changed the ballast resistor. Set the timing at 13 degrees.

It cranks well. I'm pouring gas or starting fluid down the carb. The plugs get wet after cranking. I've got spark, at least at the plug wires. It won't fire once.

The wiring at the bulkhead is kind of hinky. There's a jump wire going from a brown wire that isn't connected to the box to a sprig of a wire shoved in next to a purple wire at the box. I took off the jump wire and I got nothing. No crank, lights, anything so I put it back.

One weird thing. When we were limping it home and it was running terrible, it ran well for two blocks then ran terrible again.

View attachment 1266661
just because pull your fuses and check for corrosion
had the same issue on my 69 fuse looked good from the front and metered good
but corroded at contact --- which was NOT visible

If you have spark, fuel and compression with no start or run that brings up that the timing chain may have jumped a few notches.....been there a couple

Auto Transport Service
Back