• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen: 1970 Hemi Charger

A383Wing

Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
Friday, September 21, 2012

Classic vehicle stolen
Detectives with the Fife Police Department are seeking assistance from the public regarding the theft of a classic motor vehicle. Sometime between September 8th and September 20th, a purple 1970 Dodge Hemi Charger was stolen from a warehouse in the City of Fife. The thieves gained entry into the warehouse by disabling the buildings security system then driving the vehicle from the scene. The classic vehicle is a very distinct purple color and has the word “Hemi” in white and black on the hood. The vehicle is estimated to be worth $100,000.

Anyone with information about the theft or location of the vehicle is asked to contact the Fife Police Department at #253-922-6633.

Posted by Fife Police Department at 4:42 PM

I saw this on the news Friday Night. This was stolen about 10 minutes from my house.

Bryan

Attachments

• Purple Charger.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Purple Charger1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,435
that is a dam shame where is fife located which state or province

Saw this on the my mopar facebook page, located in WA That's absolutely horrible :(

that is a dam shame where is fife located which state or province

Sorry, Fife is in Washington State, next to Tacoma...and about 10 minutes from my house

Saw this on the my mopar facebook page, located in WA That's absolutely horrible :(

Yea..I posted in the "My Mopar" forums and Richard who is Administrator on that site posted it up on Facebook

Bryan

You would THINK it would be easy to spot with the Hemi lettering on the hood....
My car is worth a 1/4 of that and I would want to KILL some one if it was my
69 Roadrunner

someone should be FEARING FOR THEIR LIFE. nothing in this world worse than a thief!

Unless this is part of some elaborate theft ring that is shipping whole cars out of the country, the only thing to do is sell the parts off it. Anyone in this part of the country should write this down cause I bet within the next few months parts start showing up on either Craigslist or ebag. People get busted all the time. Criminals are not too smart usually.

some one should see if we could have an area that list photos and text of mopars stolen so we could check to see if recovered or not ,plus location its just a thought:angry1::edgy:

Second that. Will keep an eye open in the Bay Area. My guess is it is in a container on the way overseas.

That's what I was thinking. Probably already loaded in a shipping container.

Probably already in a shipping container in alaska (out of WA) seattle or may have made it down here to Hayward.

My neighbor is a cop that works auto theft rings. Amazing **** goes down that squares like you or I have no idea about.

Dan

That's why I keep my cars in a private garage, not some warehouse. shared/seen by others through-out the day. Out of sight, out of mind, ya know? One can't put a price on a piece of mind. They should post the VIN as well, should HEMI parts start surfacing...

Thats a shame,it is probably on its way overseas

someone should be FEARING FOR THEIR LIFE. nothing in this world worse than a thief!

Yeah, whatever happened to horse-thieving being a hanging offense? Our cars are our horses... the ponies are just all stuffed under the hood.

I know it isn't on it's way to Australia!

To bring a car to Aus you need to apply for an vehicle import approval (via)
It takes about 8 weeks and you need the following: pic of car ,title,bill of sale,vin no.,any mods,engine size.

It's a very stringent process and if you import without it the vehicle will be destroyed of shipped back to origin at your dime.

Hope they find it and the thief

"Found on Sunday." Awesome.

Have to admit, if you're a car thief, a $100K, PURPLE, HEMI car should either go straight into a waiting enclosed truck trailer, or if you can't do that then just give up and steal a '75 Monte Carlo like everyone else.

On the news tonight, car has been recovered...no other details were given

Bryan

Auto Transport Service
Back