• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN: 1972 Dodge Challenger in California.

Looks like the new neighbor next to him is growing pot and since they moved in, there have been nothing but problems. Appreciate the look out for anything gold body parts or white interior parts. Even the orange engine is a clue. I’m the only person outside of the five family
Members that knew of the cars, so I know it was not by word of mouth. Looks like the ADM security system did not go off and the criminals were possibly there two days and the neighbors said nothing.
Dame, not only was your friend being taken down, but kicked after he was down. Security system not working and "thieves" may have been there for two days. I am sure there will be good people on here (FBBO) at Carlisle, Pa. in July with an eye out. But that is three months out and far from San Jose.
Many years back around here (me), maybe 40, a car was stolen and it was found 1/2 a block away in a garage. The thieves never got the chance to strip it down. It was pushed down the street in the dark. Sometimes items are closer then you think.
The trail starts at the garage.

Last edited:
For everyone ones info, the cars were barricaded inside with no gas, no batteries, no keys and the garage was fully sealed and triple bolted down garage door. The rammed the garage door to get to the vehicles, filled them up with fuel, battery and was able to start on and drive off the challenger. The house alarm ADT system never went off, so they went through the hose and was there a full day and nobody noticed the break-in until the door was rammed and they started pilfering the garage. Reward offered for the return of the car. I can’t stipulate how much this car meant to the family. Keep an eye out for gold body parts or white interior parts.

Somewhere, they got out of a car. Walk the neighborhood in concentric circles looking for cameras.

When my buddy war removing the Plymouth from the garage, gas started pouring out of the gas fill. He had both cars empty of fuel. Looked like they filled the tanks to steal both cars. We believe they couldn’t get the Plymouth started, thus why they only took the challenger. So fare, the Plymouth has over $12k in damage and stolen parts off of it. No word on the challenger yet.

Again....knowing the VIN would aid in the search?

You need to post the VIN as a stolen car ASAP! Some manufacturers flag them in their computers and when you need parts that are always serial number specific it pops! It does work.. It works very well. Good Luck!

When my buddy war removing the Plymouth from the garage, gas started pouring out of the gas fill. He had both cars empty of fuel. Looked like they filled the tanks to steal both cars. We believe they couldn’t get the Plymouth started, thus why they only took the challenger. So fare, the Plymouth has over $12k in damage and stolen parts off of it. No word on the challenger yet.
So the thieves filled the tank to overflowing before they tried to take it ?
Now I am not saying thieves aren't proficient but I have never heard of one that took the time to do that.

I’m only repeating what is said. These cars were hidden and nobody said anything about them. The thieves found out about the cars by accident when they broke into the house. Police have the vin, it will be listed stolen forever regardless of dash/fender tags being swapped. Video from neighbor is all they have to go on at this time. The thieves figured it was better to drive it off as trying to push it out and onto a trailer would have taken too long. Too much speculation to worry about. Would rather my friend get his car back than worry about how and why at this time.

Somewhere, they got out of a car. Walk the neighborhood in concentric circles looking for cameras.
Carrying two batteries and gas cans no doubt to add gas to two vehicles.
I'm sure the thieves wore gloves, but if in the house that long, somebody may needed to take a piss and un-gloved to hold little Willie and left a finger print or two under the toilet lid.

Carrying two batteries and gas cans no doubt to add gas to two vehicles.
I'm sure the thieves wore gloves, but if in the house that long, somebody may needed to take a piss and un-gloved to hold little Willie and left a finger print or two under the toilet lid.

Yeah, but thinking the Police are gonna look for prints??? :rofl:

Sorry this is Modesto.... Police don't do **** around here...

I've got video of a POS stealing my security camera, I know the guys name, I know where he sleeps.. Cops won't do anything..

I've got video of a guy crashing into my neighbors truck, I know where the guy lives, Police refuse to even knock on the guys door, say they can be sued for harassment....

I had a car stolen from my driveway 30 years ago... When the car was recovered (stripped) the cops wouldn't even attempt to take prints....

My buddies & I are all aware of the car, we'll be keeping out eyes open... Hopefully someone will see something...

I’m only repeating what is said. These cars were hidden and nobody said anything about them. The thieves found out about the cars by accident when they broke into the house. Police have the vin, it will be listed stolen forever regardless of dash/fender tags being swapped. Video from neighbor is all they have to go on at this time. The thieves figured it was better to drive it off as trying to push it out and onto a trailer would have taken too long. Too much speculation to worry about. Would rather my friend get his car back than worry about how and why at this time.
Yeah, but thinking the Police are gonna look for prints??? :rofl:

Sorry this is Modesto.... Police don't do **** around here...

I've got video of a POS stealing my security camera, I know the guys name, I know where he sleeps.. Cops won't do anything..

I've got video of a guy crashing into my neighbors truck, I know where the guy lives, Police refuse to even knock on the guys door, say they can be sued for harassment....

I had a car stolen from my driveway 30 years ago... When the car was recovered (stripped) the cops wouldn't even attempt to take prints....

My buddies & I are all aware of the car, we'll be keeping out eyes open... Hopefully someone will see something...
Ok. just a stupid thought. What was I thinking.

there has been no info as of yet. if anyone is at random swap meets and see's gold challenger parts or white interior stuff, take a pic of the parts, the person selling them and the license plate on their vehicle and send it to me. Recovery of the car will get a reward.

****! Leads? Yea we’ve gotten them working in shifts! Thieves are as low as they come. People were hung for stealing horses back in the early days. I hate hearing these stories! I used to surf Ocean beach back in the early 1990s. I remember seeing a 383 Cuda parked around. That car wouldn’t last a night I’m sad to say….

Appreciate anyone out on the west coast keeping an eye out for parts, just in case. Even none Mopar shows, stuff shows up. Take pics of the suspected parts, people and licence plates and hopefully we can recover the car.

Theres been no sightings that I've heard about out on my area....

Sounds like the POS neighbors for sure……they would know when the homeowner is not there……or they told other thieves about the house

Not exactly a vintage muscle car - but I believe I’ve told the story of our home invasion robbery a few years back while my wife and I were home sleeping. The slugs loaded up their loot in our SUV and made off. To make it short at the end of their night they also made every attempt at blowing up our car by stuffing soaked rags down into the gas tank and lighting them up. Failed. But a tiny spot of blood on the passenger seat noticed by yours truly snagged their DNA - in the system for priors. Bottom line - busted did 6 months in county waiting for his date. Then released with time served and probation. How many felonies can you count in my short version?

Well that’s the answer as to wether grand theft auto is even a crime in commie ca anymore. I hope you get your car back but forget about any justice - unless it’s by your hands.

Auto Transport Service
Back