• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street demon throttle bracket

runner74

Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone suggest a throttle bracket that will raise the throttle cable about an inch or so?

I am in the process of installing a Street demon 750 on my stock big block. First i needed to buy the Demon Chrysler throttle stud as the stock one did not fit. (Hole to small) Now i am having trouble with the throttle cable bracket being a little to low. This is a stock 400. I left the manifold adapter on the manifold as thought it may help low end torque. I doubt removing the adapter would help much as the geometry of the new Street Demon is so different than the Carter AFB it is replacing. Pictures of old vs new below.
IMG_2334.JPG
IMG_2334.JPG
IMG_2332.JPG
IMG_2331.JPG
IMG_2329.JPG
IMG_2327.JPG
IMG_2334.JPG
IMG_2332.JPG
IMG_2331.JPG
IMG_2329.JPG
IMG_2327.JPG

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Demon 850 on 440.

image.jpeg

How about this for a solution? Any objections on using the non Mopar (sacrilege) location (Mounting hole) 1/2" behind the Mopar throttle stud?
I loosened the throttle hold down clamp and slid the cable back 1/2" to make up the difference in the mounting location being further back. Does anyone see a problem with this method? I used a cotter pin, but open to better idea's

Runner 74

IMG_2339.JPG

Update

Went to the hardware store and picked up a clevis pin and hitch pin. Worked great all the way from idle to WOT

Now need to re-adjust kick down linkage.

I was lucky with mine. It came from a car that had factory cruise control, and that bracket has a second cable mounting location that's about an inch higher than the standard one for use by the cruise control cable.

Auto Transport Service
Back