• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Street/Strip 500+ Horsepower 440

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTX MATT

Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I've got for sale an engine that I was building to be a perfect street/strip engine. Its a 1968 440 that was an 70k mile stocker in my daily driver for a couple of years.

The block has been decked, line honed, bored and honed, and cleaned.

Bored .030 over

Wiseco flat top forged pistons with valve reliefs, 625 grams each

ARP Main Studs

Stock forged crank turned .010/.010

Clevite V series main bearings

Scat rods with ARP bolts

Clevite P series rod bearings

Melling HV oil pump, with ARP bolts

Comp 290XS solid cam, 252/260 duration, .540/.558 lift, 110 LSA, degreed in at 104.5 on the comp double roller timing set, with lifters

Stealth Aluminum heads, disassembled, checked and cleaned, and reassembled with Comp 925 valve springs, inner springs are out for break in. The pushrod holes have been clearanced for the 3/8 pushrods

Correct ARP head bolts

Comp 925 valve springs

Comp 10 degree locks and retainers

Comp .080 wall 3/8 moly pushrods

Edelbrock TM7 "Tarantula" single plain intake

Repop 71 Hemi oil pan, 6+ quarters, with matching pickup and a dipstick as well, and windage tray

Erson ductile iron adjustable rockers (same as factory, Comp, and Isky) with brand new rocker shafts and replacement Crane adjusters (original ones were cheasy and I didn't like them)

Water pump housing and waterpump

The pistons are .020 below deck, so with a .039 felpro head gasket the quench will measure out to .059 with 10:1 compression on the nose, so perfect for a pump gas street engine.

Main bearing clearances are .0027 and the rods are .0025

Ring gaps are set

I've aseembled the engine up once to measure deck height, degree in the cam, check piston to valve clearence, rod side clearance, and crank end play, and make sure the pushrods had enough clearance. Crank and cam spin nice and free as they should. I didn't install the rear main seal, which was rope, so I disassembled instead of trying to snake it through. I can sell you the engine disassembled, or I can assemble the short block for you, whichever you prefer. This engine is ready to go, it just needs head gaskets to assemble, and valve covers. Factory hardware is included for oil pan, timing cover, valve covers, and intake. I didn't buy aftermarket hold downs for the rockers, I have stock hardware but would recommend studding them.

I'm looking for $5200. I've got well over 6000 into it, not including the price of the core and whatnot. PM me your phone number if interested. Engine is located in Danbury, CT

thats a reasonable price for those parts and work done. good luck

Short block has been reassembled at this point, I could always ship it to WA. I've got a guy who wants to buy it without the heads and trying to negotiate a price, I need to sell to buy another car unfortunately.

is this still available i sent a pm

Sorry, no longer available guys. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back