• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stroker kit

Mike67, I'm sure I can put this engine together for less money, but thanks for the link.

Lol! I thought so too, just wanted to help a brother out!!!
:lol:

Waiting for Chicago Connection to call me back, they have Eagle kits.
Yup I got my eagle 505 kit from them, I know a guy in cali with a couple stroker cranks if you want I can see exactly what he has and put you in contact with him, They're brand new

I want to get everything from one place, not piece it together. Doing it this way will give me peace of mind.

Last edited:
Talked with 440SOURCE this morning and ordered the 470 kit. I should have it in a couple of days. I got this partly because I want reliability and for how the car will be used....cruiser and some blasts on the open road once in awhile.

Clearancing is no big deal - especially with the "chevy" rods.

He said I may have to kiss a couple spots, but may not have to as the stroke is 3.915, so we will see.

I have a question. Everybody says there 10.1 stroker will run on pump gas. What octane pump gas is everyone running? In my area 87 with 10% ethanol is the norm.

He said I may have to kiss a couple spots, but may not have to as the stroke is 3.915, so we will see.
I thought I had read where there was a lot of clearance issues w/512 at the bottom of the block, on the rail, cylinder skirts that had to be done.
Regardless it sounds like your are next up on deck! Glad to hear you found something that works for you!!!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

He mentioned notching on the bottom of the cylinders on a 512, but with the 470, maybe a smidge on the oil pick up boss and also on #1 cylinder. But he said that it depends on the block.

And I'm glad he said my cam will work really well with what I'm doing.

Chicago Connection never called me back, so they lost business for today and in the future.

My kit will be delivered tomorrow!!! That's pretty damn fast!

That's 91 not 87. LOL
Down here in southern MN I only have one station that sells 91.
That's odd, I don't think I'd ever put 87 in mine. I'd be going to that one gas station every time I had to fill. Hell I wouldn't even go to speedway gas stations around here because their premium was 92 not 93

That's odd, I don't think I'd ever put 87 in mine. I'd be going to that one gas station every time I had to fill. Hell I wouldn't even go to speedway gas stations around here because their premium was 92 not 93

That station that has 91 is 11 miles from my house too. LOL

Stroker kit showed up, just a small, tiny problem, the crank didn't come with this box. No biggie, 440SOURCE said it's on another truck and I'll have it this afternoon. To my surprise, it came with SCAT rods!!!

IMG_0952.JPG

I'm not sure on the crank as I can't find any info on their site about where it's made. Everything else is USA made!!

Auto Transport Service
Back