• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stroker recommendations

Racer99

Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
69 roadrunner project......street strip build......want a bb what's the best stroke a 400I or 440....I have 3 440's now so leaning on stroking 1 of them, but have options and need ppionions

I used the 493 kit works great, there are several and possibly endless options check out 440source's info page to fill your knowledge. If I were to do another one I think I would do the 512. Some mods are needed like the oil boss etc but you can get as fancy as you want. I did not buy my kit from here but they have come down in price a bit. I have the eagle crank, diamond pistons, h-bean rods, all ARP bolts total seal file fit rings, big piston pins. good luck keeps us informed.

http://www.440source.com/strokerkits.htm

I would use a 440 block you already have and build a 505 or 512. I like the 7.1 rod ratio kit with .990 wrist pins and BBC rod journals. In the process of building a 440/512. Much like Bigmanjbmopar I used a Eagle crank, 7.1 Eagle H-beam rods, and SRP pistons. Should be a torque monster in my stock appearing 66' Satellite. I will be assembling mine shortly with a dyno pull afterwards. Good luck on your build and keep us informed.

How do ya feel about the "543" option......bigger the better!!!!!! Haha

How do ya feel about the "543" option......bigger the better!!!!!! Haha

543 is fine just cannot run stock oil pick up and will need external oil lines from oil pump. If you want stock appearing not a good option.

Does Eagle offer a stroker crank kit.....looking at the 543track option, no need to look stock cause rest of car will be obviously modified......

Auto Transport Service
Back